Production Operator (1st Shift)Apply Job ID REF2954N Date posted 07/02/2021 Address 6600 Cornell Road, Cincinnati, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
The Production Cell Member is required to safely and efficiently operate all equipment necessary to package finished goods in a batch process, chemical manufacturing environment. As a first shift role the regular hours for this position are 6:00am-2:30pm Monday through Friday.
Pay rates from $19/hr based on experience.
Weekly attendance bonus!
- Communicate with Supervisors and facility leadership regarding safety, production, quality, or any other operational issue
- Follows and performs Bill of Materials, Batch Sheets, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Set-up, adjust, operate, perform changeovers, monitor, trouble-shoot problems, and clean all production line equipment, including: Labeler, Geyer, Batch Coder, Capper, Label Air, Box Erector, Taper, Palletizer, Case Packer, Print & Apply, Can Elevator, Trash Compactor, Pail Filling Equipment, and Reinforce Line
- Package batches in accordance with all safety, quality, and efficiency standards by following SOPs, batch sheets, and verbal directions
- Safely and efficiently operate various workstations associated with the packaging of product
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required
- Understands quality expectations relating to the packaging of our products, including fill weights, appearance of packages, and proper labeling
- Understands the Quality Control functions pertaining to mixed product, including viscosity and weight testing
- Ensure accurate documentation and inventory accuracy in accordance to established doctrine
- Use all equipment safely and ensure safe operation of equipment by coworkers
- Maintain clean work areas in accordance with 5S protocol
- Assist in modifying or establishing procedures as needed
- Assist in the prevention of quality problems and the establishment of solutions for existing issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent education required
- 2 years work experience in a chemical environment preferred
- Forklift operation experience preferred
- Basic understanding of computers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and basic math
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and to react positively to verbal instructions given by a Supervisor or another manager
- Ability to climb stairs, stand or sit for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 55 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.