Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)Apply Job ID REF1781M Date posted 02/26/2021 Address 6600 Cornell Road, Cincinnati, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. As a second shift position the regular hours for this role are 3:00-11:30pm Monday through Friday. Pay rates from $25/hr based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs new equipment/machinery as required.
- Diagnoses problems with existing equipment/machinery including tow motors. Performs both mechanical and electric repairs on all equipment/machinery using blueprints, schematics, diagrams, etc.
- Performs and instructs in all phases of pipe fitting, including cutting, threading, hanging, etc.
- Performs all welding, fabrication, electrical repairs, including installation and service of single phase and 480 volt – 3-phase electric.
- Knowledge of PLC and Robotic controls
- Maintains and repairs all plant and office facilities in an efficient and safe manner.
- Responsible for reporting raw material and parts usage for the department; reports all new parts requests.
- Follows all Company safety procedures, safe work and good housekeeping practices.
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- At least four (4) years experience in an industrial environment or equivalent combination of education or training beyond high school level in a technical field.
- At least four (4) years pipe fitting and layout work experience; reading and trouble-shooting from electrical diagrams and schematics; and experience in electric, mig, and tig welding, along with cutting and brazing.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic computer and smart phone technology; work order systems desired
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must provide own basic tools; refer to Basic Tool Policy below.
The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation. Please refer to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Good physical condition which requires: prolonged standing; frequent repetitive lifting up to 55 lbs.; frequent lifting and bending motions, and carrying up to 55 lbs.; frequent repetitive motions such as bending, twisting, lifting, walking, reaching, stooping, frequent use of stairs; must be able to climb ladders and use lift trucks. Able to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol test; Must pass respirator fit test and able to wear respirator. Must pass tow motor training and acquire certification for tow motor operation; and must pass HazMat training.
Maintenance Tool Policy
All basic hand tools and electric test meter provided by the mechanic, all specialty equipment pipe wrenches, conduit benders, sledge hammers, Impacts, etc. will be provided by company as needed. The below list is an example of basic hand tools.
Maintenance employees are required to provide their own set of Basic Tools as identified below. Other tools required by an employee to perform their job will be provided for by the Company. The Company will make the final determination as to the necessity and purchase of Company-provided tools.
Maintenance employees will receive a tool allowance in January of each calendar year. This tool allowance is provided to cover wear and tear, replacement costs and insurance on Basic Tools as required by the Company. Basic Tools are the personal property of the employee and not insured by the Company.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.