Maintenance SupervisorApply Job ID REF3484J Date posted 08/27/2021 Address 6600 Cornell Road, Cincinnati, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing a wide range of mechanical, electrical, industrial, packaging and manufacturing engineering services. In addition, this individual will assist other departments in improving factory floor methods and coordinate some work with outside contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes work requirements based on
- Safety to personnel, machinery & equipment and facility,
- Production disruption and downtime prevention
- Preventive maintenance completion
- Hires, trains, and maintains a competent workforce within the allotted budget.
- Ensures that a complete and effective preventive maintenance program is in place and followed, including effective recordkeeping, periodic auditing, and reporting.
- Provides technical training and guidance as needed to all Maintenance personnel to ensure prompt and correct diagnosis of problems, mechanical and electric repairs, preventive maintenance, and assigned project work. Identifies needs for outside training and expertise, and may coordinate same when needed.
- Oversees a work order system assuring that all work requests are acted upon promptly.
- Ensures that spare parts, repair parts and supplies, are ordered from approved suppliers to maintain proper level of inventory and/or efficient operation of production processes
- Organizes and maintains all maintenance and equipment records, data, information and blue prints.
- Assures that all buildings, grounds, and utilities are in good condition.
- Provides labor and supervision for timely completion of facility projects.
- Coordinates with production manager(s) and supervisors on proper methods for equipment operation and routine maintenance.
- Prepares appropriate documents for economic justifications regarding facility projects.
- Participates in all management meetings concerning tactical and strategic planning as it relates to maintenance.
- Follows all Company safety procedures, safe work and good housekeeping practices.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- At least six (6) years experience in an industrial environment or equivalent combination of at least six (6) years experience in an industrial environment or equivalent combination of education or training beyond high school level in a technical field.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Previous experience with project management and working with outside vendors preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer and smart phone technology; work order systems desired
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Good physical condition which requires: prolonged standing; frequent repetitive lifting up to 55 lbs.; frequent lifting and bending motions, and carrying up to 55 lbs.; frequent repetitive motions such as bending, twisting, lifting, walking, reaching, stooping, frequent use of stairs; must be able to climb ladders and use lift trucks. Able to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Must pass respirator fit test and able to wear respirator. Must pass tow motor training and acquire certification for tow motor operation; and must pass HazMat training.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.