Applications EngineerApply Job ID REF2619B Date posted 05/25/2021 Address 10125 Carver Road, Cincinnati, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Air Management, a business unit of Illinois Tool Works, a Fortune 200 company, is a leader in the design and manufacturing of high-performance industrial blowers, vortex tubes and auxiliary equipment. Air Management provides these solutions for a variety of industrial applications, in industries including Food and Beverage, General Industrial, Electronics, among others. Air Management is a manufacturing organization with strong growth opportunity and is part of a $16 billion parent company. This organization must maintain rapid growth through aggressive sales of the Paxton & Vortec product lines. ITW Air Management is located in a beautiful setting in Blue Ash, OH, just north of Cincinnati.
ITW Air Management has an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer to join our team. The candidate must be a self-starter, technically competent, solution-oriented, great listener and communicator, capable of understanding customer’s needs, and developing custom-engineered solutions. The Inside Sales Engineer will be based in ITW Air Management’s main office and manufacturing facility in Blue Ash, OH.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for engineering solutions for customer applications, preparing proposals and quotations based upon customer needs, process requirements and product expertise. Knowledge of air flow dynamics and blower performance curves is required. The candidate must communicate clearly and operate effectively with both internal and external customers at various levels of the organization, and be determined and passionate, with a high-energy leadership style and the ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels.
The Applications Engineer reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager and works closely with marketing, manufacturing, and product engineering to identify and fulfill customer needs, and ensure a high quality of technical service, develop and maintain relationships with customers, and follow up on leads and quotes. The Inside Sales Engineer supports the sales process by supplying application information, technical drawings, quotations, quote follow-up, troubleshooting, and system installations and will also take technical direction from the Engineering Manager.
- Respond to all incoming technical service and quote requests, via phone, email and chat.
- Prepare quotes and proposals for customers, based on your engineering calculations for sizing the blower and air delivery devices. Follow up with customers on a routine basis, to close the opportunity.
- Work with the marketing team to transmit voice of the customer data to them, prepare case studies and draft engineering bulletins to assist customers on frequently asked questions
- Participate in project calls with customers, and the internal team.
- BS degree in Engineering discipline or similar.
- 3+ years’ experience years of technical sales or application engineering experience.
- Proficient in 3D mechanical design. Familiarity with Autodesk 3D Inventor is a plus.
- Hands on experience with industrial equipment, and able to safely work on equipment. High mechanical aptitude is a plus. Previous work with blowers or air compressors is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to communicate with various levels internally and externally.
- Passion for meeting customer needs by providing technical support to customers via face to face meetings, phone, e-mail, and other forums.
- Drive to meet sales objectives, through follow up on quotes and opportunities.
- PC experience required, MS Office, and Salesforce or Dynamics CRM or equivalent.
- Able to travel infrequently to visit customer sites (once COVID restrictions are lifted)
ITW offers an extensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, an employer matched 401K, and so much more!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.