Accounting ManagerApply Job ID REF3511R Date posted 08/31/2021 Address 6600 Cornell Road, Cincinnati, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Evercoat is a global leader in the manufacture of professional collision repair and professional car care products. ITW Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL. The ITW Evercoat division is based out of Cincinnati, OH.
Leads the day to day activities of a small team of staff that comprise the accounting function where activities include accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and asset accounting, cost analysis and financial reporting. Responsible for accuracy, timelines and the general integrity of the accounting function and related reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures accounting guidelines and requirements are incorporated to improve processes and the end results comply as necessary.
- Performs detailed analysis on accounting information monitoring records completeness and pertinence while identifying potential problems, defines and implements corrective actions, and follows up to ensure data is complete and correct.
- Coordinate monthly close with others to ensure timely preparation and issuance of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for timely entering of monthly and quarterly Financials, and Tax Kit into ITW Corporate reporting software;
- Performs and reviews monthly internal controls, account reconciliations, warehouses, cost function, bank reconciliation, Intercompany payment and other reconciliations.
- Assist controller in internal or external audit.
- File related tax returns timely, including but not limited to, sales and use tax return, property tax return, etc.
- Maintains the fixed assets ledger and depreciation schedules and entries. Also monitors and controls approved capital spending authorizations.
- Supports the controller in preparation of Quarterly Reviews, Long-Range Plan and Annual Plan and business modeling and analysis.
- Performs duties as Procurement Card Coordinator (issue, cancel cards, adjust credit limits); answers questions, conducts training.
- Business Partner to all leadership members about finance related topics.
- Coaching, development and performance reviews for Accounting staff
- Responsible for the continuous process improvements (toolbox) and evaluating opportunities to further enhance the accounting function
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous supervisory/management experience strongly preferred
- CPA preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Detail oriented, with strong ability to work independently.
- High ability to evaluate and manage priorities and deadlines to support unscheduled analysis and projects.
- Ability to adapt on changing priorities and able to adjust tight schedules.
- Robust professional communication skills
- Strong team contributor
- Advance use of MS Office 365.
- Advance user of accounting software (JDE or another full-scale ER software)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.