Mold Technician, 1st Shift, Cell 102Apply Job ID REF2112O Date posted 06/08/2021 Address 1700 1st Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $260M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value
The Mold Technician – Deltar Fasteners will report to the Manufacturing Cell Leader/Supervisor – Deltar Fasteners. The major areas of responsibility for this position are: To perform duties to set up and cycle a variety of Plastic Injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment and make process adjustments to ensure proper function and quality of parts, along with tool disassembly, cleaning and reassembly.
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI Building A
1st Shift: 7:00am - 7:15pm Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday.
Pay Starting at $17.00/hour
- Work from prints, specifications, and shop orders
- Make machine adjustments, including heat, injection pressure, and cycle times for wide range of plastic engineering materials to ensure proper quality and function of parts
- Set up and adjust assembly equipment, auxiliary equipment, and robots to achieve proper assembly, product containment, and product packaging
- Ensure part/material containment measures are implemented
- Troubleshoot molding problems
- Solve process problems such as flash, short shots, quality of parts
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis of factors affecting overall product quality
- Identify Continuous Improvement ideas associated within daily duties and overall cell performance
- Responsible to occasionally instruct general technicians on job duties as required
- Installation and removal of molds in the injection molding machine
- Responsible for part quality associated to their set up and processing parameters
- Continuous Improvement
- Use personal computer, dial/digital calipers, gauges, hand tools, hand/power lift trucks, and overhead cranes
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Completion of General Technician Job Criteria
- Successful completion of Mold Technician Job Criteria
- Fully capable to perform the following tasks alone
- Do a complete tear down and cleaning of a conventional tool without error in timely fashion
- Do a complete mold change to assure we have safe and efficient mold close and open stroke and all machines setting are set properly per the training procedures
- Startup a machine using a saved program and assure the machine setting are correct for cavity fill and mold open and close and we are making good product
- Follow all ITW safety polices while performing all these tasks
- Satisfactory completion of the Paulson Training Program with a passing score of 80%
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Minimum 1 ½ years of technical experience with plastic injection molding, along with hands on experience with raw materials, mold set-up, and troubleshooting skills for electric injection machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Qualified candidate will possess good work ethics, is reliable, and dedicated to quality. Must enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills with Excel is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (English); good visual skills and reasoning ability
- Team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.