Maintenance TechnicianApply Job ID REF3481V Date posted 08/30/2021 Address 1700 1st Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a global industrial company built around a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2019, the company achieved revenues of $14.1 billion, with roughly half coming from outside North America. www.itw.com.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is a large division within the Automotive Segment and serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners. Locations include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Maintenance Technician – Deltar Fasteners will report to the Maintenance Supervisor - Deltar Fasteners and will be responsible to perform duties to install, maintain, modify, and repair a wide variety of injection molding machines, assembly, other automated equipment and perform building maintenance as required.
- Work with blueprints, schematics, SOP’s and machine manuals
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a variety of molding and automated machinery using available technology
- Will be required to order parts.
- Operate drill press, grinder, welding, and other maintenance equipment to fabricate or repair parts
- Ability to troubleshoot/diagnose Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Working knowledge of programming of PLCs, a plus
- Perform troubleshooting on mechanical and pneumatic powered, electronically controlled robotic systems
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and electrical testing instruments associated with a manufacturing setting
- Perform routine preventative maintenance functions per schedule
- Ability to maintain computer based machine repair and PM records system
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Comply with OSHA and all safety practices in repair and installation
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum two year degree in Industrial Maintenance, Automation Engineer, Electromechanical Technology or equivalent work experience and training
- Experience with part discrepancy vision systems, a plus
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.