Cell Leader / Production SupervisorApply Job ID REF2722R Date posted 06/08/2021 Address 1700 1st Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a global industrial company built around a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2019, the company achieved revenues of $14.1 billion, with roughly half coming from outside North America.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is a large division within the Automotive Segment and serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners. Locations include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Cell Leader – Deltar Fasteners reports to the Manufacturing Manager – Deltar Fasteners and will be responsible for motivating positive and productive employee development, strong customer relations skills, coupled with high energy experience to mentor and motivate a team to deliver quality product on time.
- Direct supervision of multiple employees including assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training of employees
- Planning and directing work assignments of direct reports
- Providing employees with productive communication regarding performance and solution based communication for necessary improvement requirements
- Responsible for manufacturing parts as specified per job or customer requirements
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Implements and utilizes 5S
- Responsible for all start-up approvals and approval to run parts
- Responsible for quality of all products within assigned work area
- Assigns job duties for all production employees in their team
- Assists with personnel functions such as maintaining records, performing employee evaluations, employee counseling, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy for their parts and associated components
- Month end metric reporting
- Required to communicate regularly with Operations Manager, Plant Manager, Quality Manager, and HR Manager regarding any problems and/or concerns
- Champion employee involvement/engagement
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS or BA degree (prefer technical field of study)
- 2 years production supervision experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience with production in a manufacturing environment (plastic injection molding/assembly)
- Effective Team Builder
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Microsoft systems (e.g. Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; good visual skills and reasoning ability
- Team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.