Warehouse OperatorApply Job ID REF2463G Date posted 05/07/2021 Address 500 State Street, Chicago Heights, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
Maintain safe and organized dock area. Receive incoming materials and perform data entry into the computer. Prepare and ship domestic and international orders. Provide other departments with supplies. Provide all departments with raw material needs. Receive raw materials via tanker.
- Operate a fork truck to load and unload trucks, move skids, drums, bags, cardboard, etc., into and out of rack locations up to 14’ high as necessary.
- Process P.O.s and label and barcode incoming materials and enter their receipt accurately into the computer business system. Accurately transfer inventories in system when items are physically moved between locations.
- Load and unload material into tank farm tanks.
- Regularly provide production departments with raw materials from warehouse.
- Prepare orders for shipping (international as well as domestic; UPS & Federal Express processing). Review documents, compare and check quantities, etc. Review customer specifications and work orders for packaging details. Wrap, band, and shrink wrap orders. Stage orders for shipping.
- Learn and use knowledge of part numbers and warehouse locations to efficiently and quickly access and move materials. Move inventory between buildings.
- Monitor and process e-mails from customer service to pull orders.
- Perform accurate and thorough cycle counts of inventory as directed.
- Perform daily forklift inspections and follow all safety and security precautions.
- Deliver supplies to internal customers.
- General housekeeping duties. Must maintain neat and orderly work area with special attention to hazardous waste. Track and order skids as necessary.
- Maintain the dumpster and arrange pick-ups when full. Receive incoming skids and load scrap skids as necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety regulations, security regulations and work rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hand tools, forklifts, hand/ power trucks, drum lifter, shrink wrapper, bander, table saw, etc.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma, or GED combined with ideally, 1 -2 years related shipping and receiving experience preferred, including forklift driving (and ability to use forklift up to 14’), some data entry and inventory control.
- Experience using basic business computer system and e-mail.
- Ability to Lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow, (written and verbal) read, and write instructions without supervision. Able to calculate using basic math and calculator for addition, multiplication. Measure weights, dimensions, and fractions.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a hazardous environment.
- Able to work various shifts.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Specialty Films is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.