R&D Chemist InternApply Job ID REF1592K Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 500 State Street, Chicago Heights, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
Internship Program Overview:
ITW’s internship program provides unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, dynamic industries. Interns are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs and are provided significant responsibility and autonomy to get things done. As an intern, you will gain substantial personal learning and career development opportunities through ownership of real-world job assignments, strong coaching and mentorship and networking with senior leaders across the Enterprise. Learn more about ITW’s internship program at www.intinterns.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic R&D Chemist intern to join our R&D Innovation team during the summer of 2019. This internship position will expose the candidate to the concepts and practices of performing Technology investigations, including Market and IP characterization, as well as providing immersion into the field of analytical testing. The position will involve the combination of primary/secondary research, analysis, interpretation, product testing and reporting on assigned topics.
This internship will help you grow your professional skills and broaden your experience as you contribute to the R&D group and our company-wide goals.
What you will do:
- Formulate chemistries under supervision. Mix and test formulations and report results.
- General lab testing, read samples, and enter data into system as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments or process.
- Follow all quality procedures and safety rules.
- Lab maintenance of equipment and materials. Work area must be kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Keep updated in the field by reading technical literature, attending lectures, and industry seminars.
What we are looking for:
- College Graduate Student, pursuing a degree in Chemistry who has maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA and will be graduating in either December 2021 or May 2022
- One plus ears relevant work experience a plus
- Willing to learn new processes and business practices.
- A driving intellectual curiosity
- Experience in laboratory chemistry formulation, specifically coatings and color matching is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Understands the importance of safety in operations; must maintain a safety mindset at all times.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Specialty Films is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.