Process Engineer InternApply Job ID REF1593Q Date posted 01/29/2021 Address 500 State Street, Chicago Heights, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
Internship Program Overview:
ITW’s internship program provides unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, dynamic industries. Interns are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs and are provided significant responsibility and autonomy to get things done. As an intern, you will gain substantial personal learning and career development opportunities through ownership of real-world job assignments, strong coaching and mentorship and networking with senior leaders across the Enterprise. Learn more about ITW’s internship program at www.intinterns.com
As a Process Engineer intern at ITW Specialty Films division you will be able to apply engineering principles and knowledge in a manufacturing environment. This internship will allow you to grow your professional skills and broaden your industry experience. You will also be actively involved in the development and implementation of production process improvements necessary to contribute to our operational and company-wide goals.
What you will do:
- Work on technical projects applying engineering, continuous improvement principles, and ITW’s business model to achieve measurable outcomes in operational efficiency.
- Gain hands on experience with data collection and analysis for live production processes and develop standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with engineering, chemistry, quality and/or operations personnel to define and implement process improvements.
- Build a working knowledge of how process engineering projects integrate and support business goals.
What we are looking for:
- Rising junior pursuing a Bachelors’ Degree in an Engineering discipline who has maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA. and will be graduating in either December 2021 or May 2022.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of 3D modelling software a plus.
- Have a resourceful, methodical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively both alone and with others to develop new concepts and solve technical problems.
- Understands the importance of safety in operations; must maintain a safety mindset at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to think creatively.
- Strong organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Specialty Films is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.