Maintenance Electrician-MachinistApply Job ID REF1566B Date posted 07/26/2022 Address 500 State Street, Chicago Heights, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
$30 - $34/hour - Sign On Bonus
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
Perform duties to set up and operate a variety of machine tools, ability to make electrical repairs, as well as installing, maintaining or rebuilding a variety of production and building equipment, applying knowledge of electronics, shop mathematics, electrical and metal properties, and machining procedures. Work from work orders, blueprints, electrical diagrams, equipment manuals and instructions. Applies knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation by performing the following duties.
- Machine new or damaged parts, fit and align components to exacting requirements.
- Diagnose equipment problems, disassemble, determine extent of repairs, requisition or make parts, assemble equipment and make necessary operating adjustments.
- Perform predictive precision maintenance to identify and correct mechanical/electrical defects before machines fail.
- Plan sequence of machining operations, select materials and layout materials as required. Must be able to do own layout work.
- Install and repair variety of electrical equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications.
- Ability to layout complex control circuitry. Ability to select material and prepare wiring diagrams.
- Ability to test, detect and diagnose defective components.
- Ability to replace faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices.
- Perform associated electrical work and/or plumbing work required for maintenance and repair of pumps and other similar equipment.
- Ensure proper operation of all electrical/control system components including electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, programmable logic control, I/O modules and photo eye sensors.
- PLC Programming for Siemens, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, Bosch and Parker.
- Experienced in arc flash protection.
- Repair and maintain shop equipment.
- Make mechanical repairs on equipment such as forklifts and hoists.
- Perform general repairs involving building trades such as carpentry and plumbing.
- Use precision measuring instruments, electrical meters, common hand and hand power tools, burning and welding equipment, sheet metal equipment forklift truck, hoist, power hand and hand trucks.
- Fill out required maintenance related records. Notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance following prescribed schedules.
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other technicians on maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC’s, instrumentation and controls.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On call 24 hours a day. Able to work various shifts.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate or technical degree or higher in electrical engineering, electrical systems, instrumentation, electronic technology.
- Four years of electrical/electronic or instrument and control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with Allen Bradley, Siemens, Fanuc, Bosch and Parker PLC’s.
- Proficient working with industrial controls: PLC, HMI, instrumentation networking, communication, power distribution, motor controls, control valves, electrical distribution, and/or industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure and temperature.
- Proficient with MicroMain and/or MP2.
- Must be familiar with lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, drill presses, 3-phase power and equipment, AC / DC drives and process controls.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Ability to follow manuals, schematic diagrams, electrical code and blueprints plans, sketches, models and oral or written instructions and to exercise judgment in determining techniques and methods.
- Experience with computer operating systems, networks, and electronic information handling.
- HVAC experience a plus
- Considerable knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods and standard practices of the machinist’s trade.
- Considerable knowledge of the maintenance and repair of machine shop tools and equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift, overtime, weekends, on-call hours and holidays.
- Continuously or frequently required to perform basic calculations (lengths, voltage, amps, etc.),
- Detect, diagnose, inspect, interpret, measure, observe, prioritize, read, speak, summarize and use good judgment.
- Ability to follow (written and verbal) instructions without supervision.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a hazardous environment.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, and walking.
- Regularly required to crawl under machines and sit, stand, kneel, lay on concrete floor while working.
- Frequently required to stand for long periods of time on various types of flooring;
- May be exposed to occasional loud noise.
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical and other environmental hazards.
$30 - $34/hour - Sign On Bonus
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Specialty Films is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.