Finishing / Slitter OperatorApply Job ID REF3648A Date posted 09/14/2021 Address 500 State Street, Chicago Heights, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
Operate efficiently the slitters and inspection machines in all business units to meet customer standards and delivery dates.
- Set up and operate two slitters in any finishing area and one inspection machines in any area. This is from a power down situation to putting a finished order on the dock and everything associated with completing an order.
- Produce a high quality product that meets the customer’s specifications 100% of the time buy using all of the tools available to you.
- Utilize product specifications from the AS400 to prepare production equipment for safe & efficient production.
- Update or maintain proper written production, quality, and inventory documentation.
- Enter production documentation in the AS400 system.
- Follow documented instructions on testing procedures and processes vs. established standards.
- Perform material handling duties, including moving inventory by pushing and pulling Big Joe lifts, driving Forklift and using hoist.
- General housekeeping duties. By using 5S, you must maintain a neat and orderly work area and maintain all of your equipment up to established standards.
- Ability to use tape measures, scales, hand tools and hoists.
- Rotate and Cross train on different finishing machines, as needed.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
Strict adherence to safety regulations, security regulations and work rules and follow all safety directives that are included in the CFC Handbook or on the departments bulletin boards, which can include:
- Wear Safety Shoes & Safety Glasses while working.
- Use other PPE like rubber gloves while using cleaning solutions
- Always wear a safety glove while handling a razor knife
- Never lift anything heavier than 50 Lbs. & get help if needed.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Material handling experience, including forklifts, hand-trucks, packing, printing labels and making boxes.
- Ability to follow instructions (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work safely in both high ambient temperature and hazardous high speed environment.
- Experience using common hand tools and tape measure.
- Ability to operate equipment, such as forklift, Crown stacker and hoists to retrieve and move bulk rolls as needed. .
- Work with minimal supervision in manufacturing.
- Strong basic math and measurement ability (able to use and read tape measures) required.
- Strong mechanical ability
- Very detail orientated.
- Honest and dependable
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Specialty Films is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.