Cell Leader / Production SupervisorApply Job ID REF6746N Date posted 06/02/2022 Address 500 State Street, Chicago Heights, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
The Cell Leader is responsible for directing and coordinating the safe manufacturing activities of the manufacturing cell to obtain optimum efficiency and capacity of operation. The Cell Leader manages the manufacturing cell to ensure production of quality products that meet customers’ requirements and champion improvement of related processes for multiple shifts. The role directly manages non-exempt production operators within the manufacturing cell.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives the Health and Safety agenda by…
- Executing the Safety Management System and driving proactive safety culture to achieve / sustain zero incidents
- Leading by example and engaging the team to establish safety-first culture
- Building a culture of reporting accidents, near misses, investigating incidents, identifying hazards, and implementing control measures to prevent occurrences.
- Oversee labor force within manufacturing cell to ensure optimized production efficiencies and leverage overhead costs
- Lead daily manufacturing activities to achieve key performance indicators.
- Implement and enhance standard operating procedures to drive consistency and promote collaboration to achieve and engaged workforce.
- Utilize the ITW Toolbox – PLS, 80/20, lean principals, 5S, etc. – to drive processes and business simplification.
- Lead toolbox projects to simplify and enhance manufacturing cell to achieve Full Potential
- Collaborate with various functions to build strong pipeline of opportunities to improve operations.
- Lead operations cell team to deliver on customer commitment / expectations.
- Coordinate process for order entry to delivery of products in manufacturing cell.
- Collaborate with the commercial team and customers to implement MRD into the business.
- Implement and maintain cost reduction, scrap reduction, in-lining, up-time, lead-time reduction, preventive maintenance, and productivity programs.
- Work with commercial teams on stock programs/products, scheduling/asset utilization, new product trials, etc.
- Working with Quality Process team, review quality complaints and implement problem-solving techniques to improve product quality. Implement ideas to improve process parameters and standardize variables throughout the process and follow ISO processes.
- Ensure that all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations/laws governing business operations. Responsible for production compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations and company safety policy.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical field required (preferably Operations Management., Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Chemical Engineering) or related experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar supervision role or 5+ years as a Lead person in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on scheduling, processes, multiple shift operations ideal.
- 1-2 years prior experience with converting technology such as web printing, laminating, embossing, coating, slitting, metalizing, etc.
- Working knowledge of BPCS or other AS400 based management system.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or other quality initiatives such as Lean Six Sigma preferred but not required.
- Excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with focus on continuous improvement techniques
- Ability to learn, understand and execute ITW Business Model
- Strong business analytical skills, with 80/20 mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies along with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team-oriented environment
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Willing to travel < 10%, some international may be required
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, but frequently visits production floor.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts, machine noise, humidity and high temperatures, and toxic chemicals with fumes.
- This position may include hands-on work as well.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Specialty Films is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.