Business Development Manager - North AmericaApply Job ID REF1607N Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 500 State Street, Chicago Heights, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1 billion in 2019.
ITW Specialty Films is a global leader in the manufacture of specialty films for the markets of Medical, Financial Card and Security Documents. ITW Specialty Films is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Specialty segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL. ITW Specialty Films has a fun fast paced environment with a great dynamic support team.
Under direction of the Global Sales & Marketing Manager, executes strategic sales strategy by developing key business relationships with targeted customers and creating a go to market plan to capture incremental share. This position will work closely with targeted customers on the genesis of key projects, securing those projects either through targeted account or through other key customers. This position supports the Security laminates, holographic laminates and print ribbon within the Government National ID, Driver’s License & Passport markets.
- Establish customer intimacy relationships across functional departments at targeted accounts. Use Consultative Selling skills and techniques to position ITW‘s benefits and value proposition as VALUE differentiator for the account
- Develops a deep understanding of customer’s early-in inception projects and proactively sell in product solutions prior to buying cycle, while identifying and securing the OEM customer that will execute project
- Develop and Execute a strategic go to market plan, leading to incremental aggressive growth through identified accounts. (Strategic GTM plan, Strategic Account plans, Quoting, product testing, innovation testing)
Key Account Management
- Develops and owns customer Account Plans. Advances intimate knowledge of customer’s operational environment and build strong relationships, including opening doors for new business opportunities. Deliver short, medium- and long-term initiatives to grow customer relationship. Understand customer security strategy and organization to position ITW SF as key strategic partner.
- Follows a measured and trackable plan to fill the Funnel with the right opportunities and close Sales to annual plan and set up future growth.
- Introduces new sales concepts and solutions to customers, handles most technical application questions/issues and provides an analytic and strategic approach to solving customer problems.
- Develops the strategies and plans for targeted accounts based on identified customer needs. Develop specific account plans tied to overall strategy and presenting ITWSF technical solutions (multiple options with pros and cons) that relate to the sales as well as inventory, lead times, pricing, delivery, and payment terms.
- Travels regularly in the assigned territory to interface with customers to analyze their individual requirements and to present new opportunities. Meets 100% of sales plan annually.
- Works closely with customers to develop a deep understanding of customer’s pains, needs and strategic priorities and performs a needs analysis to establish a strategy with internal resources
- Prepares a customized value proposition on selected products with a complete story of differentiation and value to defend a premium price position.
- Execute formal proposals with value proposition, contribution report
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of progressive valued add sales experience, including 2-3 years of business development.
- Preferred experience in industrial technical sales within the markets of security documents, chemistry related coatings, financial card or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience in selling a value-added premium product line
- Experience selling in a formal sales process, moving opportunities along a trackable process.
- Highly effective cross functional influencer, communicator and collaborate.
- Possess or qualify to receive Government Security Clearance to meet FSO and NASPO requirements.
- A high drive for growth and a great attitude in a collaborative team environment
- Up to 40% travel as needed.
- Work is performed in home office, customer on site, additional plant locations available
- Limited physical effort required. Frequent sitting and standing.
- Limited exposure to physical risk. Infrequent travels at high speeds by plane, some plant exposure to machinery and flammable substances. Requires PPE (safety shoes and glasses) in plant areas.
ITW Specialty Films ' employees enjoy a full benefit package which includes medical plan options, dental, prescription drug, vision, 401(k) with a company match, life insurance, wellness programs, career-related tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, 12 paid holidays per year, vacation and sick time starting in year of hire, and a corporate matching gift program for charitable donations!
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.