Product Engineer CharlotteApply Job ID REF7476T Date posted 08/06/2022 Address 10405 Westlake Drive, Charlotte, NC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
For more than 150 years, Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment. Our equipment is found in busy kitchens nationwide; target segments include large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation.
Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021.
To conceive, design, develop, and maintain products to achieve business unit and corporate goals.
Support and/or complete complex engineering tasks/projects as assigned to meet business objectives and product lines for the food service industry.
- Product design and design improvements of cooking equipment including: concept development, design validation, agency approval, print release, manufacturing evaluation, and product launch within a specified project timeline.
- Clearly document and communicate improvements through Product Change Notices.
- Support and lead opportunities for product line simplification, in-lining, and growth.
- Work closely with Tech Service and Operations to resolve warranty or vendor quality issues.
- Proof of concept and proof of application in a test lab environment.
- Participate in cost reduction projects and track annual cost reduction progress to established corporate goals.
- Issue and support engineering documentation including bill of materials, drawings, work instructions, quality alerts, customer manuals, wiring diagrams, and spec sheets.
- Support sales, service, and marketing to resolve customer issues.
- Interact directly with customers, including technical support calls and field site visits.
- Learn and master applicable codes and standards including UL, ANSI, CSA, and NSF.
BS in Engineering required (BSME preferred).
5 + years engineering experience related to product design and development in a manufacturing environment.
- Adaptable, innovative, problem solving skills, sense of urgency, drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage and logically prioritize multiple tasks.
- 3D modeling using SolidWorks (Sheet Metal Experience preferred).
- Effective oral/written communication, listening skills, attention to detail.
- Capable of working through an engineering problem independently.
Ability to plan.
Ability to clearly present design options.
Ability to evaluate cost, schedule, and technical variables.
Applicable computer skills using Microsoft Suite.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes: machining, metal forming, assembly.
- Adherence to standards, policies, and practices including safety and regulatory compliance.
- Scientific approach, diligence in data gathering.
- Basic shop skills, experience, ability to prototype.
- Demonstrated record of resourcefulness, creativity, and innovation.
- Working knowledge of thermodynamic concepts.
- Experience with value engineering, cost/benefit analysis, cost improvement.
- Familiarity with FMEA, CFD, electrical wiring experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Office & R&D Laboratory Environment
• Travel up to 25%
• Hands on testing and/or trouble shooting
• Lifting up to 50 lbs
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.