Mechanical EngineerApply Job ID REF5627M Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 475 North Gary Avenue, Carol Stream, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW IDS offers exciting career opportunities across the U.S. and abroad. At IDS our employees experience a small company, family-like atmosphere. We empower all of our employees to “Make Their Mark” in the organization by adopting the entrepreneurial culture.
The ITW IDS team is a global network of highly talented individuals. We could not be a true total solution provider of hot stamp, heat transfer, seat seal, pad print and digital technology without our team of smart, dedicated individuals. We understand that taking good care of our talent is essential to our ability to meet client needs in the years ahead.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for complex projects and challenging engineering assignments. Leads projects from inception to completion and ensures all objectives are met. Collaborates with Engineering professionals and other cross-functional departments. This position develops new standard products and complete automation systems from concept design through implementation into production (analyzing, understanding design requirements, designing components to meet requirements, and testing the system to validate the design). Leads system troubleshooting efforts, creates and evaluates technological developments, investigates feasibility of new engineering techniques, components, processes and materials.
- Develops (design, layout, conceptualization, and costing) of new products and systems from concept through production.
- Assists with development, documentation, and cost estimates for product functional and design specifications.
- Instrumental in developing automation system designs that exceed customer-needs while leveraging 80 products and Engineering Design Standards.
- Communicates effectively with customers, sales team, applications experts, machine builders, other technical experts, and site-leadership team to achieve business objectives.
- Makes reasonable estimates of time required to complete designs and adjusts personal schedule and level-of effort and or asks for appropriate assistance to consistently complete assigned tasks on-time.
- Innovates solutions and develops products, process and systems based on customer and business needs
- Performs mechanical design and development of component parts and assemblies
- Has familiarity with how mechanical systems integrate and function with electrical and software control systems and can identify weaknesses in the design phase
- Assists with assembly, fine-tuning, customer acceptance test and troubleshoots performance issues at root-cause level following through with incorporating lessons-learned into Engineering Design Standards and Engineering Processes.
- Generates engineering documentation including product drawings and manuals.
- Coordinates new product introduction and training with cross functional departments including manufacturing/product management/sales/service
- Supports existing standard products with design improvements
- Performs analysis and tests new products and product enhancements for design validation
- Works in cross functional teams consisting of mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, technicians, machine builders, sourcing professionals, project managers, and product managers.
- Provides guidance and training to other engineers and technical staff.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
- Embraces company EHS program and works to promote safe and healthy working environment for self and others
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar is required
- Minimum 3 year’s related experience with proven advancement is required
- Design experience with industrial automation and machine design is required
- Excellent root-cause problem solving, attention to detail, working to timelines, and decision-making skills
- Excellent aptitude in all branches of mechanics as relates to components, machines, and complex automation systems. Tolerance stack-ups, Fixturing, Repeatability, Dynamic effects, Motion control, Risk Analysis
- Experience with 3D CAD tools, SolidWorks required
- Familiarity with ANSI, UL, CSA, CE and other design standards for industrial equipment
- FEA and CAE skills a plus
- Good teamwork and project leadership skills
- Good rapport with customers and able to work under pressure with project deadlines
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel)
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.