IT SupportApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10533T Date posted 06/06/2023 Address 475 North Gary Avenue, Carol Stream, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE:ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
IDS, a division of ITW, is a global market leader in the design and manufacturing of pad printing, hot stamp, heat seal, and tax stamp technology for product decoration. Our brands provide equipment together with all required supplies and services to serve as a true single source solution for product decoration and sealing. Our division consists of four global brands with a shared mission – to be your trusted partner for product decoration.
The IT Administrator would be responsible for acting as the point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s North American end-user computing environment. This will include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment to ensure optimal performance. This position will also be responsible for financial administration such as purchasing of IT equipment and the processing of monthly invoices and purchase orders for the IT department in North America. Located in Carol Stream, IL.
Administration and Procurement
- Managing monthly recurring invoices and contract renewals for IT including software and hardware maintenance renewals
- Managing procurement if IT related equipment including purchase order requisitions
- Maintaining accuracy of records in Active Directory
- Assisting in helpdesk and Cyber security related reporting
- Recording purchased licensing details
- Basic PC imaging and profile setup for new computers
- Basic software installations and deployment to PC’ s
- Patching of network devices
- Monitoring of helpdesk tickets and managing escalations to required IT teams or 3rd parties
- General user account administration on various systems
- Mobile phone administration
Education: College diploma (preferred) or equivalent work experience. Certifications in IT related subject would be advantageous. (for example, CompTIA, Microsoft MCE etc.)
- Expert technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems
- Knowledge and experience of Windows PC’s and Operating Systems
- Knowledge of and experience of Office applications
- PC troubleshooting experience
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to read and understand English
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will constantly (67% - 100%) be required to twist/turn, stand, walk, and grasp, and frequently (34% - 66%) be required to bend/squat, crawl, handle and manipulate small items. They will occasionally (1% - 33%) be required to climb, reach above shoulder, reach outward, sit, and type.
- The employee must carry up to 10 pounds constantly, up to 50 pounds frequently, and use safe lifting methods to move100 pounds occasionally. The employee must push and pull up to 10 pounds constantly, up to 20 pounds frequently, and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include concentrated attention, close vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to bring object into sharp focus.
- Manual dexterity; arm-hand steadiness; ability to quickly make precise adjustments in moving the controls of a machine; finger dexterity; multi-limb coordination; flexibility; quick reaction time.
Deductive reasoning; visualization – ability to imagine how something will look; ability to concentrate and not be distracted; mathematical reasoning; inductive reasoning – combine pieces of information to form a general rule or conclusion; oral comprehension; written comprehension; oral expression; written expression; and the ability to speak clearly.
Working Conditions: Working conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Plant Conditions (10%) & Typical Office Conditions (90%)
- Travel (<20%)
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Computers, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Business Central calculator, telephone, scanners, printers.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
All activities, demands, conditions and requirements are linked to essential job functions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.