Field Service TechnicianApply Job ID REF6962E Date posted 06/21/2022 Address 475 North Gary Avenue, Carol Stream, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
ITW/IDS is looking for a Field Service Technician to cover a territory in Northeast USA. United Silicone Tax Stamp is a product line business based out of Lancaster, NY that builds, sells, and services tax stamp machines. Field technicians work alone or with other technicians on Cigarette Tax Stamping machines that places state tax stamps on cigarettes and on case cutting equipment that cuts open master cases of cigarettes. A technician travels overnight 80% of their time to perform installations, preventive maintenance and service calls at assigned accounts in one or more states. Technicians repair, test, install, removes and ship all varieties of company equipment as requested. Maintains good customer relations with assigned accounts and is responsible for documenting all service-related activities.
- Performs proper preventative maintenance routines, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, and installation of all United Silicone Tax Stamp and Cutting machines. Follows proper procedures for safety, documentation and reports.
- Provides technical support by phone to other technicians or customer operators as necessary.
- Assists Engineering department on equipment failures or trends and recommends design modifications.
- Advises manager of customer concerns and needs.
- Travels outside territory to assist other technicians or customers if needed. Shows initiative and expertise in solving problems at a high level.
- Maintains all company property, including vehicle, safety equipment, and tools in good working condition. Exercises safe working practices and procedures at all times
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa (remove) principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
- Customer oriented with web processing or packaging equipment background
- Good mechanical, electrical and engineering skills with packaging equipment focus.
- Good written and oral communications skills, ability to work with all types of people. The ability to bring a project to close with success.
- Good system integration troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Significant travel commitment visiting customers
- Timely and concise activity reports
- Self-starter with a home office that has the initiative and ability to work with minimal direction under stressful customer intensive conditions.
- Generally high computer skills. Comfortable using MS Office package.
- Enjoys people, problem solving and working with a group of dedicated colleagues. Must enjoy sharing technical information with manufacturing.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings and PLC programs
- Ability to approach every situation in a positive manner to solve and eliminate issues, not just as a reporting mechanism
- Ability to think “outside of the box” for solutions
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Teamwork: Actively participates in team by contributing to Company goals, offering input and new ideas. Professionally interacts with all members of the team.
Technical Knowledge: Actively keeps up to date with OEM advancements and new OEM’s in the marketplace. Gathers information on competitive activity.
Time Management: The ability to travel cost efficiently and be flexible with itinerary
Customer Satisfaction: Builds partnerships with customers and OEMs by regularly demonstrating a high level of expertise and professionalism. Keeps customers and OEMs informed of timelines and action plans. Independently assesses and effectively responds to customers’ requests. Follows through on commitments made to customers.
Problem Solving: Ability to determine the best path to resolution and offers solutions in an organized format. To keep customer running fast and efficiently with minimum waste.
Communication: Communicates to customers, OEMs and Zip-Pak colleagues ensuring effective interaction. Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
Leadership/Initiative: Consistently demonstrates integrity and high work standards. Takes responsibility for projects and actions required.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.