Field Service TechnicianApply Job ID REF6444X Date posted 05/09/2022 Address 475 North Gary Avenue, Carol Stream, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
Provide consultation, technical assistance and troubleshooting to both external customers and internal the plants for start-ups (all products) and quality complaints. Work with OEM and Zip-Pak to satisfy customer needs and optimize the way Zip-Pak zipper operates on the equipment. Develop professional relationship with both OEM and Zip-Pak customers for the purpose of gathering market information. Conduct maintenance calls on assigned Quad One customers and participate in the Customer Partnership Plan.
- Assist customers, OEM and Zip-Pak Plants in start-ups of existing zipper. The Goal being to optimize the efficiency of Zip-Pak zipper on our own and OEM equipment.
- Evaluate zipper and OEM equipment to determine functionality and determine customer fitness for use. Diagnose packages for problems and find solutions. Solve quality complaints either over the phone or in person.
- Lever One and core market customers will be first priority.
- Assist Sales in fulfillment process by gaining, nurturing and maintaining relationships with customers and OEM. Relay competitive information to Sales team, Plants and the EIC.
- Gather competitive data, analyze opportunities and communicate potential threats.
- Assist Engineers in new product start-ups.
- Identify issues with materials; work with customer’s production/engineering on problem resolution. Work closely with QA leaders on identifying causes of complaints; work on resolution with production by importing knowledge of process to the field.
- Keep customers happy by responding quickly, make customers feel confidant regardless of scope of issue.
- Have knowledge of transportation system, ability to make travel plans independently, react to changes in schedule, and keep accurate records of expenses and submit in a timely manner into the company system. Know how to travel efficiently and cost effectively.
- Attend trade shows when needed, provide assistance to sales and interact with OEM’s
- Provide Supervisor with schedule and trip reports.
- Work directly with OEM technical staff and maintain relationship with all field reps
- Conduct maintenance calls on Quad One customers.
- Learn and implement the 80/20 philosophy.
- Assist in testing of equipment being built
- Assist with customer “Factory Acceptance Tests “both in plant and at customer locations
- Testing of new zipper and materials compatibility.
- Install, repair and troubleshoot our own equipment both in Customer Plants, OEM’s and inhouse.
- Contribute, Create and Document new ideas to expand IP as it pertains to our industry
- Customer oriented with web processing or packaging equipment background
- Good mechanical, electrical and engineering skills with packaging equipment focus.
- Good written and oral communications skills, ability to work with all types of people. The ability to bring a project to close with success.
- Good system integration troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Significant travel commitment visiting customers
- Timely and concise activity reports
- Self-starter with a home office that has the initiative and ability to work with minimal direction under stressful customer intensive startup conditions.
- Generally high computer skills. Comfortable using MS Office package.
- Technical experience working in the packaging industry
- Enjoys people, problem solving and working with a group of dedicated colleagues. Must enjoy sharing technical information with manufacturing.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills
- Pneumatic, PLC and servo-control skills
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings and PLC programs
- Ability to approach every situation in a positive manner to solve and eliminate issues, not just as a reporting mechanism
- Ability to think “outside of the box” for solutions
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Teamwork: Actively participates in team by contributing to Company goals, offering input and new ideas. Professionally interacts with all members of the Global Zip-Pak team.
Technical Knowledge: Actively keeps up to date with OEM advancements and new OEM’s in the marketplace. Gathers information on competitive activity.
Time Management: The ability to travel cost efficiently and be flexible with itinerary
Customer Satisfaction: Builds partnerships with customers and OEMs by regularly demonstrating a high level of expertise and professionalism. Keeps customers and OEMs informed of timelines and action plans. Independently assesses and effectively responds to customers’ requests. Follows through on commitments made to customers.
Problem Solving: Ability to determine the best path to resolution and offers solutions in an organized format. To keep customer running fast and efficiently with minimum waste.
Communication: Communicates to customers, OEMs and Zip-Pak colleagues ensuring effective interaction. Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
Leadership/Initiative: Consistently demonstrates integrity and high work standards. Takes responsibility for projects and actions required.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.