Software EngineerApply Job ID REF3227U Date posted 05/13/2022 Address 1629 Old South 5, Camdenton, MO Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Electronics Assembly Equipment (a division of Illinois Tool Works, Inc. (NYSE: ITW)), is the global leader in process knowledge, services and manufacture of capital equipment used in the printed circuit board assembly and semiconductor industries. The group brings together the world’s leading brands of electronics assembly equipment: MPM Printers, Camalot Dispensers, Electrovert Cleaners and Soldering Solutions, Vitronics Soltec Soldering Solutions and Despatch Thermal Processing Technology. For more information visit www.itweae.com
The Software Engineer II participates in the design, development, and implementation of advanced software control systems across multiple equipment platforms. They assist in analysis of project tasks, definition of design specifications, development of standard routines and utility programs, resolution of hardware/software compatibility and interface problems and analysis of the system’s architecture. The ideal candidate needs basic knowledge of object-oriented programming, new/advanced programming languages and integrated automation systems. The position will be working with a global team of software, electrical and mechanical engineers and will have the ability to create and adapt solutions for customers’ most important needs.
The position is responsible for the following:
· Develops software operating and control systems for complex equipment.
· Develops software interfaces to support IOT/Smart Factory requirements.
· Develops Smartphone-like Apps based on ITW EAE’s patented Open Apps platform for equipment.
· Helps prepare software requirements specifications.
· Assists in the resolution of hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
· Assists with new product design specifications.
· Develops and maintains core machine control software and utility programs.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field, 2-4 years of related experience.
· Experience with ‘C++’ using MFC and C#
· Experience using Object Oriented design methodologies
· Team player qualities including initiative, communication, training, and coaching skills
· Good verbal and written communications skills.
· WPF and Visual Studio, source control (TFS, SourceSafe & Subversion) and/or installation package (InstallShield) experience a plus
· GUI design and development experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
• Base compensation commensurate with experience.
• Comprehensive Medical & Dental Plan with a Wellness Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
• 401k Matching Program and Company Contribution Retirement Plan
• Vacation and 11 paid holidays
• 3:1 Matching Program to charitable organizations
• Employee Discount Programs
• And more
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.