Wafer Fabrication Equipment TechnicianApply Job ID REF3275S Date posted 08/06/2021 Address 1260 Calle Suerte, Camarillo, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Opto Diode Corporation based in Camarillo, California, has a long history of delivering industry-leading sensors, photodiodes, detectors, and LEDs. Available in standard and custom designs, Opto Diode products have supported the photonics industry for over 30 years and earned a reputation for high performance, superior quality and reliability.
ITW, a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. The company has prospered for over 100 years, changing the way people live and work all over the world. Each of ITW’s businesses has an independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate. It is the highly talented people at ITW who drive success through new products and customer driven solutions.
To learn more about Opto Diode and what we do, please visit our website at: https://optodiode.com and our corporate website at: https://itw.com/
This role is for an individual to maintain all process and ancillary equipment in the Wafer Fab Area. It will include but is not limited to conducting breakdown repairs and preventative maintenance. This individual will also support production activities as required and as afforded by time while not working on the equipment. Facility maintenance tasks would also form a routine part of the job.
- Conduct PMs Work Orders as assigned from the Preventive Maintenance System.
- Respond to equipment breakdowns by performing an assessment of the issue, diagnosis and repair.
- Coordinate with appropriate outside contractors, vendors to rebuild, modify the capital equipment.
- Suggest improvements to equipment to improve the robustness of the system thereby reducing downtime.
- Take lead on the installation, calibration, qualification and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Documentation of the repairs and procuring spare parts by contacting vendors, OEMs and maintain inventory.
- Maintenance of high vacuum systems, diffusion furnaces and metrology equipment with minimal guidance.
- Work closely with the Wafer Fab Supervisor to ensure equipment uptime is adequate to meet the demands of the Wafer Fab.
- All other duties as assigned as a part of cross functional training.
- Knowledge of chemicals in use and the proper handling methods to ensure safe performance of the job.
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge is a must to safely address equipment repairs and service.
- Experience using various power and hand tools and knowledge of HVAC systems is a must.
- Prior semiconductor equipment troubleshooting and repair experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand user manuals, drawings and schematics for the repair and modification of semiconductor equipment.
- Attention to detail to ensure all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards and warning signs of problems are not overlooked.
- Familiarization with the semiconductor processes to ensure equipment doesn’t interfere with the proper function of the processes.
- Excellent self-organizational skills, problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work well within a diverse team in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong work ethics, good attitude, sense of urgency and punctuality is a must to excel in this position.
- Knowledge of semiconductor processes especially wafer dicing, scribe & break is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, data interpretation and basic math skills required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent training with prior semiconductor work experience preferred.
ITW offers an extensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, an employer matched 401K, and so much more!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.