Production SupervisorApply Job ID REF3581J Date posted 09/08/2021 Address 1260 Calle Suerte, Camarillo, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Opto Diode Corporation, an ITW company, based in Camarillo, California, has a long history of delivering industry-leading sensors, photodiodes, detectors, and LEDs. Available in standard and custom designs, Opto Diode products have supported the photonics industry for over 30 years and earned a reputation for high performance, superior quality and reliability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Duties include supervision and directing of production workers to meet the delivery schedule,, work-flow planning, production scheduling and inventory control of floor stock. Working with multiple operations departments this person will participate as part of the operations planning team to include analyzing backlog, plan for material, and production of product. Must be hands on in directing employees to meet the delivery schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring product is made on time and troubleshoot any production issues that will result in late delivery
- Supervise production employees, either directly or through Leads.
- Responsible for floor stock inventory control and cycle counting,
- Some work order creation and accurate closing of all work orders
- Utilize ITW’s proprietary LEAN manufacturing (in-lining) techniques and 5S.
- Must have strong judgment skills and be comfortable with daily decision making. Maintain accurate status of all product throughout the manufacturing process
- Trains employees and has responsibility for the performance appraisal process
- Bachelor Degree preferred, or 2-4 years equivalent experience in a company with component manufacturing capabilities
- Ideal prior job titles are Production Supervisor, Lead Supervisor or Production Planner.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with an ERP system (Navision preferred),
- Microsoft Office Intermediate skills (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) Advanced Excel skills a plus
- Must be dependable and reliable and have the ability to work in both a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Combination of sitting and standing throughout the day
- Moderate lifting of product as required.
- Walk within the facility to achieve required goals.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.