Electrical / Applications EngineerApply Job ID REF3211U Date posted 07/31/2021 Address 1260 Calle Suerte, Camarillo, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Opto Diode Corporation, an ITW company, based in Camarillo, California, has a long history of delivering industry-leading sensors, photodiodes, detectors, and LEDs. Available in standard and custom designs, Opto Diode products have supported the photonics industry for over 30 years and earned a reputation for high performance, superior quality and reliability.
ITW, a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. The company has prospered for over 100 years, changing the way people live and work all over the world. Each of ITW’s businesses has an independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate. The company has operations in 55 countries that employ more than 45,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. It is the highly talented people at ITW who drive success through new products and customer driven solutions.
Ideal candidate will have a photonics engineering background and experience working directly with customers in a sales or applications engineering role. Responsible for interfacing on a technical basis with customers on new opportunities. Operates as the technical liaison for all customer specific projects. Supports the sales and engineering teams on complex multi-year new technology efforts. Requires a proven individual who can work well across all departments. Must have good engineering and commercial judgement.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers on all technical issues related to Opto Diode’s products, including new products and technical issues that may arise on existing products.
- Develop concepts as necessary in conjunction with the engineering department.
- Analyze new opportunities from a technical standpoint to ensure the potential projects meet the target goals of Opto Diode, to include identifying any gaps in technology, test equipment or assembly techniques.
- Ability to be the initial driver of the design review process up to the prototype phase.
- Utilize test equipment and collect data in the proof of concept/prototype phase as needed.
- Assist Business Unit Manager in gathering data on new projects and establishing current status
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written form
- Intermediate skills for Excel, WORD and PowerPoint.
- All other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics desired. Candidates with an AS Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology will be considered. Degree in Photonics is a plus.
- A minimum of 5years applications engineering experience.
- Opto electronics experience preferred or analog design experience
- AutoCAD or equivalent operating knowledge a plus
ITW offers an extensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, an employer matched 401K, and so much more!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.