Press OperatorApply Job ID REF3349Q Date posted 08/23/2021 Address 730 East South Street, Bryan, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Ignite your full potential! At ITW, we think and act like entrepreneurs. We embrace autonomy, make our own decisions, and take ownership to create innovative solutions for the world's biggest and most influential brands.
We are everywhere. You may not know us, but you can see us everywhere. The products we manufacture and the solutions we design are all around you – from automotive components in your car, to state-of-the-art dishwashers, ovens and refrigerators in your favorite restaurants and hotels. The buildings where you live and work are built with ITW construction and welding products, and our ITW test and measurement solutions help to ensure the quality and safety of millions of products. quality testing solutions analyze the products you use every day.
We are global and diverse. Across our seven business segments we offer access to challenging opportunities in high-growth industries and markets all around the world.
We are committed to your full potential. We strive for everyone at ITW to reach their full potential, and we value the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences and ideas that make all of us better together.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k employer matching.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
*This opening is for 2nd and/or 3rd shift
To carry out the daily operations of the work center to which he/she is assigned. The Press Operator is also able to contribute to the continuous improvement of operations through his/her input and involvement.
The following accountabilities are to be performed in accordance with the spirit and philosophy contained in the document, ITW Tomco Mission Statement, and in accordance with company policies:
1. The Press Operator is responsible for running each job to which they are assigned per the job specific instructions. These are in the operator Manual for each job. a. The Operator is responsible for knowing the changes that may affect the way he/she does his/her job. Operators can remain updated by communicating with the Operator who he/she relieves and by reading the Manufacturing Alerts which are posted on the Manufacturing Alert bulletin board and marked by unit.
2. The Press Operator is ultimately responsible for the quality of the parts that he/she produces. a. When the operator discovers a quality issue, he/she is responsible for checking the Quality Samples to decide on the quality of the part. b. If one of the following situations occurs, the press Operator will notify the Production Supervisor or an Auditor for assistance: i. A relevant sample is not available. ii. The existing condition exceeds the maximum allowable sample. iii. The Press Operator is unable to decide based on the available samples.
3. The press Operator is responsible for knowing current quality issues involving the product that he/she is assigned to run. This information can be gained from: a. Communication with the Operator that he/she is relieving, the Auditor, the Production Supervisor, and the Quality Engineer. b. Reading the Quality Alerts that are posted when a quality concern is discovered.
4. The Press Operator is responsible for the tidiness of his/her work area.
5. The Press Operator is responsible for the proper documentation of scrap on the scrap sheet. a. The Press Operator will also report excessive scrap to the Production Supervisor.
6. The Press Operator is responsible for reporting any safety hazard or abnormal condition (i.e. equipment not functioning normally) to the Production Supervisor or Mold Technician.
7. Responsible for ensuring product quality through established work instructions and company procedures. Press Operator Job Description
8. Responsible for reporting non-conforming product quality to the Production Supervisor and the quality auditor.
9. Maintain compliance with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and OH&S standards.
10. The Press Operator is responsible for carrying out any reasonable request by the Production Supervisor.
Minimum of high school diploma or G.E.D.
The Press Operator must be able to stand for extended periods of time as well as lift up to 25 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, follow work instructions and job training requirements. Individual works in a team environment and must possess good communication/interpretation skills, good visual skills for part inspection, basic mathematical skills, and reasoning ability. Individual must be able to stand for full manufacturing shift, have ability to complete hand assembly process. Ability to reach with arms extended and/or overhead, excellent hand dexterity, ability to bend, stoop, stretch and similar activities and able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.