Human Resources GeneralistApply Job ID REF3501O Date posted 08/31/2021 Address 730 East South Street, Bryan, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW is a Fortune 200 global manufacturer that was founded in 1912. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has 43,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
As part of ITW’s Automotive Segment, ITW Powertrain Plastics NA is committed to being a world leader in plastic components that simplify thermal management systems and enable improved vehicle energy efficiency. Our locations are headquartered in Glenview, IL with manufacturing in Hebron, IL; Juarez, MX; and Bryan, OH.
This HR Generalist role is located in our Bryan, OH facility where they focus on producing complex assemblies and components for powertrain applications in the automotive industry.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for recruiting and employee relations at the plant operations level, day-to-day transactions and policy administration relating to all phases of the employee life cycle in a union environment. Provides technical expertise & analytical support on comp & benefits admin & HRIS system maintenance. Responsible for Legal compliance / Employment Law (at appropriate levels) annual AAP.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the human resources operations policies, processes, and procedures.
- Supports talent development activities with managers and employees to ensure a robust leadership development program.
- Acts as an advisor and provides technical expertise and analytical support to the Human Resources team in relation to employee benefits administration, compensation administration, and HRIS system maintenance.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Plays an active role in the development of the Affirmative Action Plan within business units. Ensures compliance with required legal postings on bulletin boards.
- Functions as an advisor to management regarding the application of employment laws and corporate human resource policies to specific business decisions.
- Coordinates with management to assist in the recruiting process, interview scheduling, hiring process, applicant tracking and record keeping requirements. Screens candidates, conducts interviews, and has authority to hire.
- Organizes and conducts new employee orientation; creates a positive first experience of the company and serves as a role model for ITW values.
- Maintains employee information and personnel files.
- Inputs and maintains employee data in the HRIS system such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for reporting. Prepares regular or special reports using HRIS.
- Prepares employee communication documents including new hire, disability, benefit, separation notices and related documentation. Assists in the dissemination and collection of data and forms.
- Responds to inquiries regarding benefit programs and educates and supports employees in the use of the self-service applications available to them.
- Works with ITW corporate human resources or third party providers, as necessary, in the management of employee life cycle processes and transactions.
- Creates, coordinates, and conducts management/employee training in topics including interview skills, performance management, safety, harassment, ITW Principles of Conduct and ITW business policy guidelines. Coordinates and manages e-learning administration along with management directory. If applicable, may coordinate applications for grant funding for training.
- Reviews existing human resources policies and procedures within the business units for which they are responsible and initiates changes as necessary to ensure compliance with law, corporate policies, and business objectives.
- Conducts and analyzes wage survey data. Maintains position descriptions and market comparisons.
- Maintain compliance with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and OH&S standards.
- Comply with all company safety and environmental policies, procedures and management systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years in a HR role
- Knowledge of recruitment processes, benefit and compensation administration and practices, employee relations, and legal compliance requirements.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; demonstrates good listening skills.
- Strong technical skills / aptitude: Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word and Excel).
- Experience with HRIS System a preference.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.