Sales RepresentativeApply Job ID REF3170A Date posted 08/04/2021 Address 123 Any Street, Boston, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from professional end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary with bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
ITW Residential & Renovation division is seeking a Sales Representative to join our sales team. The Sales Representative develops, maintains and expands customer relationships within an assigned territory and is responsible for achieving sales quotas and profitability objectives. The Sales Representative represents the ITW Power Nailing, Structural Fastening, and Mechanical Fastening brands to assigned customers and drives results through the development and implementation of territory and key account plans to support national and regional sales initiatives.
This role may be based anywhere in New England, with a strong preference given to candidates in/around Boston, MA, Providence, RI and Manchester, NH
- Primarily focuses on high potential distribution, hardware and lumberyard partners in assigned territory and establishes relationships with decision makers by calling on the headquarters as well as individual locations generating a top down as well as bottom up sell in approach
- Grow sales with key lumberyards in territory through store training, demonstrations, shelf management, and demand creation with key end users
- Working with sales manager, build relationships with and conduct quarterly business reviews with distributor partners in territory to drive adoption of programs and promotions to drive sales.
- Assists in developing on-going/continuous market and competitive analysis (e.g. pricing, promotions, new products, new applications, etc.) of the territory by obtaining intelligence through multiple sources and participation in development of tactical and strategic territory plans
- Analyzes territory customers and sales insights to create demand and pull through of ITW products
- Actively works to enhance territory margin and market share by aggressive marketing to distributors, dealers, and key end users and implementation of regional/national account initiatives
- Keeps an active pipeline of new customers and opportunities
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree, required
- 3+ years of field sales experience
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a clean driving record
- 75% travel required; local and overnight (company vehicle provided)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an employee to work in a variety of locations including, but not limited to: home office, job sites, lumberyards, and distributor locations. These environments are not controlled by ITW. This role may be based in anywhere in New England with a strong preference for Boston, MA, Providence, RI or Manchester, NH.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and regularly required to walk. Must be able to lift 40 lbs., able to walk and stand for long periods of time at customer events, trade shows, and job site locations. Position requires approximately 75% travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.