Associate Sales EngineerApply Job ID REF4876T Date posted 04/14/2022 Address Remote, Boston, Massachusetts Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a Fortune 200 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
The Associate Sales Engineer would ideally live in or around Boston, Massachusetts and oversee our Northeast territories (Massachusetts, New York, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Connecticut regions). The role begins with a combination of remote work and time spent in our Lake Bluff, IL headquarters. After 1-3 years of development, this role gives the opportunity to transition into Field Sales Engineer located full time in our northeast territory.
- Stimulates demand and secures sales for consumable products with existing and new customers in assigned territory through outbound contact effort
- Achieves or exceeds territory sales plan by partnering with the Field Sales Engineer of the territory maintaining existing business and developing incremental business in existing accounts
- Searches for, identifies and develops leads for new business in new accounts within assigned territory
- Manages consumables retention by proactively reaching out to customers with declining consumables sales, lead generation, and preventative maintenance sales within the assigned territory
- Identifies and builds relationships with key decision-makers through friendly, engaging communication
- Identifies and analyzes customer needs and develops commercial arguments for use of Buehler consumables in the customer’s lab
- Builds customer relationships and shares knowledge of products, their characteristics, and the market
- Plans daily activity including customer calls, creating a time-efficient plan using the company’s Customer Relationship Management system
- Organizes own work routine with the guidance provided by sales leadership
- Works with the field sales engineers to provide forecast data to sales management
- Partners with the lab team to organize remote/virtual demonstrations for existing and potential customers & advises customers of the benefits of Buehler'a products
- In partnership with the lab team, organizes and participates in laboratory testing of customer samples
- Partners with the outside sales engineers in joint selling efforts for potential large business opportunities
- Assists with lead qualifications
- Participates in sales meetings to obtain information on sales objectives, promotional actions, new products, improvement ideas, etc.
- Participates in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects and applies this knowledge in efforts to increase business
- Follows market and competition evolution and transmits information to sales leadership
- Tracks and shares information on wins and losses adjusting sales presentation as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/technical discipline
- At least 1 year of technical working experience
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication and a pleasant telephone manner
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting to achieve shared goals
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task a high volume of projects at one time
- Works independently as a self-starter, successful at prioritizing work
- Decision making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Persistent and positive attitude
- Formal or corporate training in selling skills desired
- Proficient level of competency in using Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- A desire to transition from Associate level role to Field Sales Engineer which requires 70% travel
- ability to travel once per month to our Lake Bluff, IL office
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.