Quality ManagerApply Job ID REF1483N Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 235 Conway Drive, Bogart, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Labels is headquartered in St. Charles, Missouri with manufacturing locations in Kansas, Georgia, and Missouri. ITW Labels is a leading tag and label converter in an industry of nearly 3,000 competitors in the United States. We print and manufacture tags and labels primarily for the Consumer-Packaged Goods, Grocery Retail/Weigh Scale and Durable Goods & Equipment segments. ITW Labels boasts a diversified array of printing assets with both narrow and wide width flexographic presses, both sheet and roll-to-roll screen print presses, digital presses and equipment to create polyurethane doming for enhanced brand appeal.
Manage the Quality and ISO system by maintaining plant conformance and implementing efficiency/process improvements. Develops procedures, oversees internal auditing functions and monitors implementation of systems improvement. Manages QA/QC personnel. Ensures compliance with company policies and government regulations. Recommends, leads and implements projects such as: quality improvement, scrap reduction and 80/20 initiatives such as PLS and in-lining. Manages EH&S system within the business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lead and maintain quality management system. Drive continuous improvement of quality systems to ensure ISO compliance and improve efficiency. Documents the performance of the quality system as a basis for improvement.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
- Maintains non-conformance system and corrective action, including resolving external and internal rejects, completing CARs and tracking business unit’s ENCR/INCR performance.
- Investigates quality problems as a result of customer returns and customer complaints.
- Actively participates in customer calls as it relates to Quality.
- Verifies all testing and measuring equipment is properly maintained and capable of producing quality product.
- Lead ISO program and maintain related files. Coordinate ISO compliance for the site.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and fosters an environment where employee safety is a top priority.
- Manages safety programs within the plant from ensuring first aid supplies are available to documenting and implementing corrective action when a safety incident occurs.
- Supervises QA/QC employees. Plans and delegates duties and assignments, administer performance reviews, discipline, training, and ensures policies and practices are followed.
- Champion projects to improve plant profitability through scrap reduction, process efficiency and quality improvement.
- Work with plant personnel on improving/reducing operations issues affecting manufacturing, finishing and warehousing. Coordinate meetings, action plans, set milestones to achieve improvements.
- Maintains established procedures for vendor/customer qualifications and inspection.
- Maintain UL/CSA standards including submission of new construction and re-certification.
- Maintain the business unit’s Safety programs including managing safety suggestion program, safety walk-through, training, implementation of safety policies and compliance to ITW policy and various local, state and federal agencies.
- Supervises compliance to ROHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals and CMA as well as any other compliance request.
- Works with CS and Sales to complete compliance surveys per customer requests.
- Is an active member of the 80-20 team and employs the ITW tool-box to run and improve operations.
- Leads the diversity/inclusion effort where managers and supervisors build teams with diverse talents and backgrounds by creating an environment whereby all employees feel welcome.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Follows all department work instructions.
- Identifies training needs of department.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required and responsible for employee safety, attending safety training, complying with all company safety and work policies and reporting all accidents/injuries immediately to their Manager and HR Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The minimum education required for this position is a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree. Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar quality/process role in a manufacturing environment using tools such as 80/20, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc. to improve quality and productivity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated project success in ISO process management, quality engineering, scrap reduction, automated process equipment up-time improvements, lead time reductions, etc. Experience with manufacturing processes and unit operations used in the printing industry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents; to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to comprehend and apply the principles of mathematics. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions. Knowledge of costing and production methods in a manufacturing environment.
This position requires an ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
This position may require a driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computer skills to include experience working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, any Web Browser, ERP systems, and Access system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may lift/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25. The employee is required to apply a “buddy system” for products weighing more than 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to humid conditions, fumes, toxic chemicals and heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisor or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
ITW Labels has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or ITW Labels may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.