Plant ManagerApply Job ID REF1624N Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 235 Conway Drive, Bogart, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Today our corporate headquarters is located in St. Charles, MO (approximately 20 miles from St. Louis), where along with our production facilities in Gardner, KS and Bogart, GA we have nationally recognized, high quality converting operations, producing custom and stock labels for the Consumer Packaged Goods, Durable and Retail markets. Our quality management system is recognized to the ISO 9001:2008 standard, and our improved process and product quality controls are an integral part of our operations. Our printing technology utilizes Mark Andy flexographic web printing presses up to 20" wide, as well as digital and screen printing. Our capabilities include blank to 8 color labels, including four color process, UV, varnishes, laminates, two sided printing and much more. Our facilities produce labels and tags from a wide variety of paper and film materials for use in applications for over 4,000 customers worldwide.
ITWLabels is committed to continued growth and excellence. Investments are continually made in our business to incorporate new technologies and increase efficiencies. This expansion of capabilities and services will broaden our range and allow ITWLabels to be viewed as valuable business partner with our customers.
Directs the manufacturing, maintenance, warehousing, and distribution operations to achieve plant production goals and efficiency measurements. Ensures compliance with all government regulations and corporate policies concerning safety, environment and employee relations.
- Direct, lead, and promote site leaders to develop a safety culture that achieves zero incidents.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and Say/Do ownership.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Lead Quality Department and ensure plant remains compliant with ISO 9001 standards
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards through the development and implementation of clear KPIs and continuous improvement projects.
- Assure compliance with EPA, OSHA, and State regulations concerning safety, waste management, water management, and hazard controls.
- Identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This may include selecting and on-boarding talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management. Able to build and develop a strong and diverse team of direct reports.
- Lead the maintenance department to establish a culture of predictive and preventive maintenance while reducing equipment downtime.
- Direct plant leadership in the coordination, communication, and attainment of daily /weekly production schedules assuring customer needs/commitments are met on an MRD basis.
- Assures quality processes are consistently applied in all production facilities
- In collaboration with the sales team; apply capacity/scheduling model and manage manufacturing capacity and constraint issues to maintain customer service levels and meet delivery commitments.
- Utilize systems and resources to proactively maintain and conserve capital equipment, including driving pro-active preventive maintenance and repair programs. Prioritize issues and activities to develop sustainable improvement in equipment performance.
- Monitor raw material purchasing and inventory control to ensure on-time raw material availability to production based on MRD demands.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or technical related degree preferred
- 3-5 years of successful plant leadership experience (durable label manufacturing preferred).
- ISO 9001 Quality Management knowledge and experience managing a quality team in a manufacturing environment
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer proficiency within Windows based environment. Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities as it pertains to the position (i.e. OSHA, EPA, NFPA). Knowledgeable of regulated good manufacturing processes (GMP and cGMP) a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading and implementing continuous improvement and process and production management with programs/principles such as: 80/20, USa, etc.
- Lean Manufacturing, Just In Time, 5S, KanBan, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.