Flexographic Press Operator (2nd shift)Apply Job ID REF1549D Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 235 Conway Drive, Bogart, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Labels is headquartered in St. Charles, Missouri with manufacturing locations in Kansas, Georgia, and Missouri. ITW Labels is a leading tag and label converter in an industry of nearly 3,000 competitors in the United States. We print and manufacture tags and labels primarily for the Consumer-Packaged Goods, Grocery Retail/Weigh Scale and Durable Goods & Equipment segments. ITW Labels boasts a diversified array of printing assets with both narrow and wide width flexographic presses, both sheet and roll-to-roll screen print presses, digital presses and equipment to create polyurethane doming for enhanced brand appeal.
Second Shift typical schedule is Monday-Thursday 3:30p-2:00am.
Run Flexographic Presses. Maintain high quality parts during the printing process, while at the same time keeping up with production rates, scrap rates and safety standards.
This position will work primarily with Vericut and Mark Andy presses.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Read and understand production blueprint, job ticket, and scheduling information.
· Verify that information is consistent between specification sheets, procedure sheets, requisitions, color standards, proofs and other sources of information.
· Verify ink and coating, stock and other material staged at the press by crew and support staff is correct.
· Set color print to print and set impressions to operate flexographic presses.
· Set dies in the press and get the die to cut substrate.
· Start press and obtain acceptable color, fit, registration and position in the least amount of sheets possible.
· Replace master roll at the end of the press and remove waste roll.
· Maintain flexographic press running speeds, tension and alignment of printing plates and checks for quality.
· Complete paperwork required and complete Quality Assurance sign off.
· Document material usage and time.
· Monitor and adjusts ink colors to ensure consistency throughout entire press run.
· Monitor quality of converting process.
· Make adjustments to ensure quality run with low waste.
· Perform clean-up after every run including removal of plates, dies and ink.
· Perform preventative maintenance according to schedule.
· Maintain good housekeeping around the press and assist in the general cleaning of surrounding work area.
· Scan sheets to verify accuracy and clarity of printing along with color density.
· Pull sample sheet for Quality Assurance along with sheets every 2000 impressions.
· Report inventory deficiencies to supervisor.
· Stage printed material for next department or process.
· Follow all department work instructions.
· Ensure compliance with company safety rules and policies.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be assigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Train others on operational procedures and technical aspects of flexographic press while delegating responsibilities and duties to them.
· The minimum education required for this position is a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Position requires past experience with flexographic presses.
· The minimum related language skills required for this position is the ability to read
and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· This position requires an ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· This position requires an ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
· The incumbent in this position is regularly required to stand, walk, carry, use color vision, hear, use manual dexterity – hand / finger coordination, grasp, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds and frequently carrying objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
· The incumbent in this position is occasionally required to climb, sit for prolonged periods of time and speak / articulate.
· Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisor or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
ITW Labels, an ITW Company, has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or ITW Labels may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.