Flexographic Press Operator- 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF6100L Date posted 04/12/2022 Address 235 Conway Drive, Bogart, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Labels is headquartered in St. Charles, Missouri with manufacturing locations in Kansas, Georgia, and Missouri. ITW Labels is a leading tag and label converter in an industry of nearly 3,000 competitors in the United States. We print and manufacture tags and labels primarily for the Consumer-Packaged Goods, Grocery Retail/Weigh Scale and Durable Goods & Equipment segments. ITW Labels boasts a diversified array of printing assets with both narrow and wide width flexographic presses, both sheet and roll-to-roll screen print presses, digital presses and equipment to create polyurethane doming for enhanced brand appeal.
2nd shift schedule is Monday through Thursday 3:30p-2a
Run Flexographic Presses. Maintain high quality parts during the printing and/or finishing process, while at the same time keeping up with production rates, scrap rates, and safety standards.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Read and understand production blueprint, job ticket, and scheduling information.
· Verify that information is consistent between specification sheets, procedure sheets, requisitions, color standards, proofs and other sources of information.
· Verify ink, coating, stock, and other material staged at the press is correct regardless of who pulled material.
· Set color print to print and set impressions to operate flexographic presses.
· Set dies in the press and get the die to cut substrate.
· Start press and obtain acceptable color, fit, registration and position in the least amount of footage and/or sheets possible.
· Replace master roll at the end of the press and remove waste roll.
· Maintain flexographic press running speeds, tension, and alignment of printing plates and checks for quality.
· Complete paperwork required and any needed quality sign offs.
· Document material usage and time.
· Monitor and adjusts ink colors to ensure consistency throughout entire press run.
· Monitor quality of converting process.
· Make adjustments to ensure quality run with low waste.
· Perform clean-up after every run including removal of plates, dies, and ink.
· Scan sheets to verify accuracy and clarity of printing along with color density.
· Pull samples for quality assurance a minimum of every 2000 impressions.
· Report inventory deficiencies to supervisor.
· Stage printed and/or cut material for next department or process.
· Perform in-process inspection according to specific requirements and frequency determined by supervisor.
· Keep accurate production and daily activity records.
· Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures.
· Follows all department work instructions.
· Follows prescribed safety rules and fosters an environment where employee safety is a top priority.
· Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
· Is an active member of the 80-20 team and employs the ITW tool-box to run and improve operations.
OTHER (NON-ESSENTIAL) FUNCTIONS
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title; however, these functions may be assigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
· Trains in various quality and production areas to assist as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required and responsible for employee safety, attending safety training, complying with all company safety and work policies and reporting all accidents/injuries immediately to their Manager and HR Department.
None; Ability to work unsupervised, follow through all assigned projects to completion, and utilize all available resources in the accomplishment of tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The minimum related language skills required for this position is the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Communicate effectively with leadership, peers, and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measuring, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to comprehend and apply the principles of advanced mathematics and statistical theory is a plus.
This position requires an ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may lift/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25. The employee is required to apply a “buddy system” for products weighing more than 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to humid conditions, fumes, toxic chemicals and heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisor or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
ITW Labels, an ITW Company, has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or ITW Labels may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.