Field Service Engineer (Netherlands)Apply Job ID REF7925L Date posted 09/20/2022 Address Hovesesteenweg 6, Boechout, Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is Field Based and will be located in the Netherlands. The role holder will need to be prepared to travel and stay away from home at short notice within the Benelux region or internationally as required.
Responsible for providing after sales and warranty service in areas as specified by the Technical Supervisor. The services provided are to include installations, warranty, breakdown, contract servicing and calibration as a UKAS accredited technician on the full range of Instron products.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Ensure that all requests for onsite service support for the Instron product range (including, but not limited to calibration, maintenance and basic troubleshooting) are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner and making certain that the service provided reduces the need for servicing to a minimum.
2. Arrange servicing schedules in discussion with the Technical Supervisor and/or the Office Team, whilst also taking into consideration the needs of Sales.
3. Contact customers within the time frame set by the Technical Supervisor, to determine the nature of the inquiry and to agree with the customer a visit date if required which then must be adhered to.
4. Ensure that adequate preparation and planning is made before each visit, so that the job is completed correctly without the need for further follow up visits and in the most cost efficient way.
5. To make a full contribution to the company's efforts to reduce costs and to improve quality.
6. Be familiar with the company’s product life cycle in order to be able to advise customers regarding obsolescence.
7. Deliver basic Instron software training to customers, when required.
8. Responsible for quality of own work.
9. Report on competitive equipment and activities at customer sites.
10. Proactively look for leads for new machines, accessories and other services.
11. Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date, to the latest company requirements using the tools provided and expenses and other paperwork are submitted within the required timeframe.
12. Liaise with the Technical Supervisor on a daily basis in respect of all service issues.
13. Contribute to the company's efforts to improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and improve quality using the ITW Toolbox and other processes as required.
14. Perform other ad hoc duties as may from time to time be requested.
Key Competencies (includes skills) and Experiences:
1. Ability to pick up technical training, processes and systems quickly
2. Troubleshooting experience with electro mechanical or servo hydraulic systems.
3. Basic awareness of costs and own impact on margin
4. Flexible, resilient, open minded
5. Computer literate.
6. Customer oriented with an ability to deal with customers in a diplomatic manner.
7. Good written and verbal communication skills
8. Excellent attitude and presentation.
9. Well organized with good time management skills
10. Ability to work with the minimum of day to day supervision.
11. Team player.
12. Experience of working in environments like research laboratories, manufacturing plants and universities.
13. Experience of calibration and maintenance activities/procedures.
- HNC or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline - mechatronics, mechanics, electrical, electronic engineering or equivalent
- Fluency both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- Previous field-based experience would be advantageous
- Driving license without restrictions.
- Electrical, Chemical, Nuclear safety certifications.
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.