Field Service TechnicianApply Job ID REF9167I Date posted 01/13/2023 Address 710 20th Street North, Birmingham, AL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of materials and components. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Instron is part of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses.
We have an opportunity to work from home in the Birmingham, AL area for a highly motivated person whose work will reflect Instron’s commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Travel daily to customer sites to perform a variety of services including calibration, preventative maintenance, repair, and installation, on a wide range of Instron’s products.
- Submit daily/weekly field reports, documenting all activity at the customer site as well as weekly/monthly expense reports.
- Ensure safe job practices are followed.
- You will have regional responsibility for servicing customers in the greater Birmingham area.
- Up to 40% overnight travel required and some occasional travel to other locations in the US may be required.
- 2- or 4-year technical degree from an accredited university and knowledge of electro–mechanical systems. Equivalent military/trade school training may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret basic technical information involving mechanics and electronics is needed and familiarity with PC’s including operating systems and Windows applications.
- This role requires a high level of autonomy, as well as superior organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Prior field service experience strongly preferred.
- Experience performing preventative or corrective maintenance on servo hydraulic systems preferred
- Experience with materials testing preferred, but not required
- Experience delivering hands on and classroom training on topics technical in nature preferred
- Automation systems experience is a plus
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.