Material HandlerApply Job ID REF3403B Date posted 08/20/2021 Address 33 Lewis Road, Binghamton, NY Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
At Instron, we build products that ensure safety critical devices and materials stay together…by tearing them apart! We are a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services material testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of materials and components.
We have an opportunity for a Material Handler to work in our busy machining center. We are ideally looking for someone with experience, but we are willing to train someone with limited experience. The main duties include:
- Receiving material and placing it into inventory using proper material handling equipment
- Packaging accessories and related parts for shipment.
- Participates in daily cycle count either by actual count which requires personal accuracy of 99% or by processing counts through the inventory system.
- Issues stock for Bills of Material. Collects and stages parts requested. Transports inventory to Manufacturing areas utilizing proper material handling equipment.
- Makes decision as to method of shipment of service parts based on size, weight, time, special customer requirements, and according to established procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned areas.
- Removes chips from collection sites and deposits into designated bins.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks.
- Inspects incoming raw stock to verify compliance with purchase order.
- Maintains location files electronically through Instron’s business system.
- May be required to perform other department duties when necessary.
Successful candidates should have at least a High School diploma or equivalent and experience in a shipping, receiving, material handling role. Other requirements include:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, without direct supervision or written instruction.
- Demonstrates flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Positive attitude and focus on always working safely.
- Solid computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to operate power pallet truck arid forklift and power crane.
- Must be able to lift an average of 35 pounds 50% of the work time with occasional need to lift more, using assistance to lift over 50 pounds.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. We are pleased to offer you a sign on bonus of $1,000. This bonus will be paid in one lump sum after 90 days of employment. This signing bonus is taxable, and all regular payroll taxes will be withheld.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.