Production AssociateApply Job ID REF4909B Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 449 West Corning Road, Beecher, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW, www.itw.com) one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe with operations in 55 countries that employ more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards.
The MIG Gun Division, a division of ITW, provides innovative and high-quality MIG welding gun consumables, semi-automatic torches and automation solutions marketed under the brand names Tregaskiss, Bernard and Miller. With a significant focus on growing our share of ITW Welding consumables, the Inside Sales Specialist role will be responsible for supporting a sales region to accelerate MGD consumable and gun conversions. The Inside Sales program will help more customers be successful in improving quality and productivity, increase ease of use and maintenance and reduce their total cost of ownership through use of our value-added products. In addition, the Inside Sales Specialist will act as the first point of contact from the MGD for the region to ensure support in growing and defending MGD share.
· Assemble assigned products according to blueprints and BTO/ESA engineering documentations.
· Work within a team environment to meet production goals and ship schedules that are measured for efficiency
· Complete and turn in necessary production paperwork by end of shift
· Complete all process control documentation.
· Perform required in-process inspection, repair any defects found and document critical quality information.
· Notifies supervisor of nonconformance and/or operating difficulties and ensures non-conforming products are clearly identified.
· Disassemble scrap products and salvage good material.
· Participate in troubleshooting and solving any production related problems (e.g., machine breakdown, defects in purchased parts), and the continuous improvement process
· Performs basic preventative maintenance (cleaning, oiling, inspecting and minor adjustments) on equipment in the work cell
· Use of air, mechanical and hand tools pertaining to assembly
· Accurately count and complete paperwork for cycle count process
· Follow and adheres to all company policies, safety and personal protective equipment requirements
· Maintain a neat and orderly work area complying with all 5S initiatives and advise supervisor of any issues needing a maintenance work order
· Train new and existing employees how to effectively work within the department, instructs them in all facets of the work cell operation
· Maintain a safe work environment
· Cross training and rotating as required
· Knowledge of MRD and material ordering procedure
· Utilizes company IT equipment including but not limited to Microsoft D365, Microsoft Office, Target Reports and Zebra printers.
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to make decisions, set priorities, communicate with co-workers when needed, and work with minimal supervision
· Must have a positive attitude, maintain a professional demeanor in all situations, and who has made the choice to be personally accountable
· Commitment to teamwork and to the team goals, and must be flexible to meet customer demands
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication, math, and basic computer skills
· Ability to work overtime, as required
· Must be able to walk, bend, squat, stoop, twist, reach, lift up to 40 lbs regularly, use hands/fingers to perform continual tasks and be able to stand for up to 8-10 hours per day
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.