Market Manager Concentrated SegmentApply Job ID REF1853T Date posted 03/04/2021 Address 449 West Corning Road, Beecher, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW, www.itw.com) one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe with operations in 55 countries that employ more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards.
The MIG Gun Division, a division of ITW, provides innovative and high-quality MIG welding gun consumables, semi-automatic torches and automation solutions marketed under the brand names Tregaskiss, Bernard and Miller.
This position will report to the MGD Marketing Director and can be located in either Beecher, IL or Windsor, Ontario.
The Market Manager is a key strategic role, responsible for delivering organic growth for specific market segments. This individual will lead the development and execution of strategic growth plans for automotive, heavy equipment, and ship industry segments based on a deep understanding of market trends and end-user needs. This person will lead Product Management and Marketing Communications resources to deliver organic growth.
· Lead the profit and loss responsibility for a key business segment within the division.
· Develop a growth strategy for automotive, heavy equipment, and ship industry segments that includes all relevant P’s, build the business case to support this strategy, and execute on the plan.
· Lead Innovation and Product Development projects to deliver a pipeline of sustainable and differentiated solutions. Includes leading, conducting, and/or managing market research to develop key findings that result in product planning (roadmaps) with stronger and more competitive value propositions.
· Analyze industry trends, customer activity and product applications to determine sales and profit potential resulting from changing conditions.
· Recommend marketing strategies and objectives by evaluating market data, including sales, demographics, competitive product releases, and pricing.
· Lead a market facing team to achieve results. Develop the needed skills and competencies of this team.
· Work closely with relevant sales management and key account managers that are managing accounts in the segment.
· Collaborate with other Market Managers and other divisions that have applicable value propositions to foster system solutions and amplify market strategies.
· Create programs to inform and support internal and external stakeholders (e.g., distributors, sales force, and end-users) to achieve growth objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field required; MBA is preferred.
· Minimum of 7-10 years of business experience with 5 years with progressive responsibility in sales, product management, and/or marketing leadership roles, preferably in B2B markets.
- Two years of experience in automotive, heavy equipment, or ship industries or with welding equipment products is preferred.
· Ability to create a strategic growth vision by synthesizing market data, influencing and aligning the organization under a unified business strategy, and driving the go-to-market strategy.
· Experience leading and conducting market research to deliver sustainable and differentiated products.
· Experience working in or with sales team to identify customer back innovation opportunities.
· Able to analyze external and internal data to determine growth and profit improvement opportunities.
· Demonstrated track record of driving organic growth.
· Experience working collaboratively with diverse teams and providing influential leadership.
· Ability to project manage and prioritize multiple initiatives. Possess financial acumen and understanding of income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, and other financial metrics. Previous P & L experience beneficial.
- Desire and drive to advance and grow within the organization.
· Up to 40% Travel
· Strategic Thinker: Sees the Big Picture
· Analytical: Ability to synthesize data from various sources & translate information to action plans
· Entrepreneurial spirit: understands the need to take educated risks, and can navigate uncertain/ unfamiliar situations
· Collaborative: able to achieve results by engaging others
· Customer Centric: approaches situations and projects with a customer first mindset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.