Manufacturing EngineerApply Job ID REF1518D Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 449 West Corning Road, Beecher, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW, www.itw.com) one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe with operations in 55 countries that employ more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards.
The MIG Gun Division, a division of ITW, provides innovative and high-quality MIG welding gun consumables, semi-automatic torches and automation solutions marketed under the brand names Tregaskiss, Bernard and Miller.
· This role is responsible for facilitating and implementing manufacturing, facility, and safety improvements at Bernard Welding in Beecher, IL.
· Understand, maintain, and continually improve manufacturing/assembly processes as related to safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
· Develop new and maintain existing facility/manufacturing layouts
· Work with operations team to develop production capacity and contingency plans for the division.
· Apply ITW Toolbox principles to the division operations
· Co-own the development, implementation, and sustainment of a 6S program.
· Collaborate with manufacturing teams and management to effectively support safety related initiatives.
· Collaborate with operations team to be a manufacturing process expert, and act as a coach/trainer for critical manufacturing/assembly processes.
· Support and maintain formal manufacturing assembly documentation
· Design and develop various assembly aids or fixtures
· Manage external contractors and internal maintenance support resources as needed.
· Justify and procure capital equipment/tooling for existing or new processes
· Understand and ensure compliance with government regulations as related to our business.
· Work closely with engineering disciplines to ensure new product manufacturing processes are created to ensure employee safety, customer quality, efficient assembly, and on time delivery.
· All other duties as assigned by management
· BS degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field
· 1-2 years of professional work experience
· Ability to work well independently and in a team setting, especially as part of a cross functional team.
· Proven project management and facility layout skills
· Strong leadership, organizational, and decision-making skills
· Excellent problem-solving capability
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to effectively prioritize projects
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to lead effectively in a team-based organization
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office 365, AutoCad and Solidworks
· OSHA familiarity (specifically Lock-Out/Tag-out, Machine Guarding)
· Tool & Die Design experience
· Machining experience (Lathe, Vertical Mill, Drill Press)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.