Material HandlerApply Job ID REF1164W Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 26101 Fargo Ave, Bedford Heights, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof Automtoive division of ITW serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $154m in revenue. The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, and a sales office in Troy MI. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
· Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, and a sales office in Troy MI.
· Use of banding tools including cutting of bands
· Operate compactor and must be able to lift to 50 pounds
· Use scanner & computer system to generate tags
· Recognize/Differentiate between steel heat, grades, & sizes
· Must have working knowledge of Non-conforming system
· Identify scale, smut, rust, & other visual defects
· Knowledge of various coatings & how affect material
· Knowledge of work instructions & customer specifications
· Follow production schedule put in place by Supervisor & communicate within other areas of the cleaning house
· Empty trash and banding bailer when needed
· Communication skills both oral and written
· Comfortable with computer data input
· Self-motivated; Teamwork is mandatory
· Attention to detail
· Good problem-solving skills
· Loyal and dedicated to achieving goals
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.