Machine OperatorApply Job ID REF3135V Date posted 08/27/2021 Address 26101 Fargo Avenue, Bedford Heights, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof Automotive a division of ITW, serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners. The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, as well as a Sales office in Troy MI. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof and Bedford Wire enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process and bench marking information with associated business units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
- Operate draw machines including weld, point, & string up of coils
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds & operate tow motor
- Use scanner & computer system to generate tags
- Must be able to properly use a micrometer
- Understand dies & tolerances incl. opening & polishing dies
- Recognize/differentiate between steel heat, grades, & sizes
- Must have working knowledge of N/C system
- Identify scale, smut, rust, & other visual defects
- Knowledge of various coatings & how affect material
- Knowledge of work instructions & customer specifications
- Follow production schedule put in place by Supervisor & be able to understand follow wire mill practice
- Empty trash and banding bailer as needed
· Communication skills both oral and written
· Self-motivated; teamwork is mandatory
· Attention to detail
· Good problem-solving skills
· Loyal and dedicated to achieving goals
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.