Machine Operator 1st ShiftApply Job ID REF508T Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 26101 Fargo Ave, Bedford Heights, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof Automtoive division of ITW serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $154m in revenue. The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, and a sales office in Troy MI. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
· Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, and a sales office in Troy MI.
- Operate draw machines including weld, point, & string up of coils
- Must be able to list up to 50 pounds & operate tow motor
- Use scanner & computer system to generate tages
- Must be able to prpoerly use a micrometer
- Understand dies & tolerances incl. opening & polishing dies
- Recognize/differentiate between steal heat, grades, & sizes
- Must have working knowledge of N/C system
- Identify scale, smut, rust, & other visual defects
- Knowledge of various coatings & how affect material
- Knowledge of work instructions & customer specifications
- Follow production schedule put in place by Supervisor & be able t understand & follow wire mill practice
- Empty trash and banding bailer as needed
- Coordinate with other Leads to develop, share, and implement World Class Manufacturing techniques. Including but not limited to: zero defects, increased product consistency, reduction of setup time, and elimination of waste with a high level of employee involvement.
- Ability to partner with employees in a fast-paced, shared risk, positive culture to drive continuous improvement in all areas of daily work.
- Knowledgeable and able to perform job responsibilities utilizing ITW Toolbox Philosophies
- Assists with the development, mentorship, and training of Job Shop production workers
- Ability to hold Job Shop production workers accountable to safety, quality, environmental, and production metrics, and assisting in improving underperforming Job Shop production workers
- Assists Shift Supervisor with attendance policy conformance
- Ensures all quality and production documents are completed for Job Shop activities
- Monitors, trains, and assists in the development and practice of production worker safety program
- Manages Job Shop quality metrics and drives continuous improvement activities
- Assist/Lead Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action initiatives
- Participate in Layered Process Audits
- Assist Job Shop in achieving manufacturing goals by participating in the manufacturing process by operating machinery with Job Shop
- Manages production worker's daily activities focusing on the continuous improvement of machine OEE and production worker pieces per man hour metric
- Assists with the development, implementation, and improvement of Market Rate of Demand (MRD) scheduling for Job Shop manufacturing equipment
- Monitor production worker's output and implementing corrective measures to ensure segment manufacturing goals are achieved
- Assists with the development, improvement, and conformance to operator designated maintenance and housekeeping activities
- High School diploma or the equivalent required; Associates degree preferred.
- Prior experience operating cold header and/or thread rolling machines. Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated; Team work is mandatory
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Loyal and dedicated to achieve goals
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.