2nd Shift Furnace OperatorApply Job ID REF3096V Date posted 07/20/2021 Address 26101 Fargo Avenue, Bedford Heights, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof Automotive a division of ITW, serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners. The division consists of facilities in Elgin IL, Machesney Park IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Darlington WI, Bedford Heights OH, as well as a Sales office in Troy MI. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof and Bedford Wire enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process and bench marking information with associated business units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
- The Air Furnace Anneal Operator works second shift 7:00pm to 7:00am 48/36 rotating schedule and is responsible for:
- The operation and inspection of a tow motor.
- Loading and unloading steel coils of rod and wire off pins
- Operating an overhead crane in HCL.
- Applies the correct annealing cycle for each charge.
- Performs all adjustments of temperatures per cycle requirements as well as checks the temperatures to attain proper quality of the annealed product.
- Samples material using a tensile tester.
- Operates powered material handling equipment in a safe manner to move product on and off pins plus in and out of the department.
- Posesses mechanical aptitude and general maintenance abilities.
- Can perform basic computer skills.
- Self directed can work with minimal supervision.
- Must be available 24/7 when needed to maintain continuous operation of furnace.
- Exhibits good work habits & excellent safety record.
- Practices strong verbal communication skills
- Has ability to solve problems & make decisions.
- Comprehends basic theories of heat treating principles.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.