Application Segment ManagerApply Job ID REF8301B Date posted 01/13/2023 Address 305 chaussée Jules César, Beauchamp, Ile-de-France Job Type Full-time
OUR COMPANY – GENERAL OVERVIEW
ITW is a Fortune 200 global industrial company. Since our founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world's leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses.
ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 52 countries that employ more than 45,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 19,000 granted and pending patents.
ITW EU Regional AccountsDivision serves the Automotive OEM (Stellantis, Renault-Nissan, Volvo and JLR) and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $200M in revenues, 500 people. Units include Beauchamp and Ingwiller, FR; Hone, IT; Basingstoke, UK and Bredaryd, SE.
The Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW EU Regional Accounts enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by:
✔ Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in the EU.
✔ Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
✔ Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Strategy & Goals
Our strategy is focused on organic growth. In order to achieve our full potential, we are putting in place a new Sales & Engineering organization and reinforcing our team to prepare for strategic market opportunities, allowing us to work for and with our customers in the best possible way. We are looking to hire an Application Segment Manager that will be partnering with the EURA leadership team and stakeholders in the organization to develop and execute the growth strategy of our Automotive Fasteners Business, while maintaining our market leadership and delivering excellent financial returns, consistent with ITW EURA Strategy
Job Title : Application Segment Manager
Location : Remote
Reports to : Division Strategic Marketing Director
- A challenging and gratifying position within a very dynamic, experienced, and well-reputed team.
- Relations with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the development of innovative solutions for customers.
Main Focus and Challenges:
- Good understanding of Automotive Market trends, Cross Product roadmap and Fastener implication, Product lifecycle review, acquire technical experts, when needed and execute new technology projects.
- Responsibility for providing insight, market research and data intelligence for the automotive market, customers and competitors for building and articulating the right strategies for growth.
- Creating automotive segment market plan that is aligned with the EURA business strategy to deliver consistent above market growth for our Fasteners
- Understanding the market technology roadmap and developing a clear understanding of market trends and unmet needs
- Partnering with the innovation team to translate the market technology roadmap into clear product development and innovation strategies
- Developing and executing detailed Go-to-market strategy in partnership with Sales & Engineering teams
- Developing a clear market & competitive landscape
- Filling the funnel of opportunities for the EURA segment future growth
Maps the opportunity
- Understand market trends and application technology implications for fastening methods, material agnostic
- Identify new players in the market
- Get involved early on components/module fastener solution choice at OEM/Module Tier Supplier
- Develop application roadmaps
- Carry out opportunity mapping using impact vs. effort analysis
Maps Customers and Competition
- Carry out customer mapping - understanding decision makers and influencers
- Develop high level customer contacts and develop global customer relationship management with advanced engineering groups
- Understand and document current solutions and pain points
- Conduct in depth competitor assessment
Develop Application Strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of key success factors beyond price
- Co-ordinate new concept developments - especially for revolutionary Fastening technology - including EV
- Catalogue, database, Marketing global coordination, Build brand identity
- Define value proposition and coach division articulating value proposition
- Define and acquire necessary new skills and competencies to address market trends
- Build strategic partnership with material suppliers to create new product categories (i.e., addressing battery/HV trend, sustainable materials)
- Build strong relationships with VPGMs and Divisional Sales, Engineering, and Innovation teams in order to successfully create and drive regional strategy
Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent; (ideally a double degree in Engineering & Business Administration (Industrial/Commercial Engineer) is a plus.)
MBA or Marketing related graduate degree is a plus.
Working proficiency in English is a must. French or Italian is a plus.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant professional experience overall.
- Automotive experience – proven track record of sales growth.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of B2B Marketing / Business Development is required, preferably in the Automotive industry.
- Experience in consolidating data, analyzing and articulating findings in a succinct and impactful way
- Very technical and commercial understanding
- In-depth knowledge and use of strategic marketing tools such as SWOT, BCG Matrix, Product Life Cycle Assessments, etc.
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-function and international teams.
- Proven track record of successful customer negotiations.
- Proven ability to deal with changes in the business or its environment.
Leadership & Management Competencies
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, including the credibility to build, promote and maintain strong relationships internally and externally while working with remote regions.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough business and leadership decisions.
- An inner drive to understand, communicate and exceed established agreed upon goals.
- Extensive project management leadership skills for coordination of strategic projects using a multi-disciplined team approach.
- Positive mindset, self-drive and initiative.
- Integrity and exemplarity.
- Very good negotiation and influencing skills across different hierarchical levels.
- Strategic thinking, strong capability to proactively identify risks and apply problem-solving skills, with an innovative and flexible approach.
- Willingness and ability to travel, both domestically and world-wide (travel up to 40% of the time, mostly Europe)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.