Machine Equipment/OperatorApply Job ID REF623D Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 1452 Brewster Creek Boulevard, Bartlett, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Construction North America provides fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation sectors. Illinois Tool Works Inc. designs and produces an array of highly engineered fasteners and components, equipment, and consumable systems, and specialty products and equipment for customers around the world. A leading diversified manufacturing company with over 100 years of history, ITW's has nearly 100 decentralized business units, in 48 countries, and employs approximately 50,000 men and women who are focused on creating value-added products and innovative customer solutions.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Able to use various machines such as polybag, blister, and hand pack.
- Able to use scales, labelers, printers, tapers, dumpers, and electric pallet jack
- Able to make necessary machine adjustments to consistently produce products that meet quality specifications and maintain productivity targets.
- Ensure proper winder set-up and operation to wind products per specifications
- Perform efficient set-ups, changeovers, and start-ups.
- Coordinate/communicate troubleshooting efforts with team members, supervision, quality assurance, and maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Maintain appropriate levels of correct materials on the line at all times.
- Ensure proper labeling and identification of all materials, raw, WIP, and finished goods.
- Perform all quality checks and operate testing equipment per procedure
- Complete all necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understand all safety hazards and follow all safety rules and precautions.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Complete all required daily and weekly cleaning tasks per Master Cleaning Schedule procedures.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- 1st shift hours: 6:00am-2:30pm
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing these duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is bend, kneel, lift, stand, and walk on hard surfaces such as concrete.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be self-motivated, a strong team player, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Must have above average troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.