Machine/Equipment Operator - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF3470R Date posted 08/26/2021 Address 1452 Brewster Creek Boulevard, Bartlett, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
This position is responsible for the operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment in order to produce according to quality specifications in an efficient and safe manner.
- Able to use polybag, blister, and hand pack items
- Able to use scales, labelers, printers, tapers, dumpers, and electric pallet jack
- Make all necessary machine adjustments to consistently produce zippered products and within quality specifications at or above productivity targets; line speed, yield, uptime.
- Ensure proper winder set-up and operation to wind products per specifications.
- Perform efficient set-ups, changeovers, and start-ups.
- Coordinate/communicate troubleshooting efforts with team members, supervision, quality assurance, and maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Maintain appropriate levels of correct materials on the line at all times.
- Ensure proper labeling and identification of all materials, raw, WIP, and finished goods.
- Perform all quality checks and operate testing equipment per procedure.
- Complete all necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understand all safety hazards and follow all safety rules and precautions.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Complete all required daily and weekly cleaning tasks per Master Cleaning Schedule procedures.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- 2nd shift hours 2:30pm - 11:00pm
- High school diploma/GED preferred but not required and/or minimum 6-months related machine operation experience and/or training
- Willing to work assigned shift with some overtime including weekends
- Must be self-motivated, a strong team player, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machine issues.
- Must have good communication skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to lift product and display materials that weigh from 1 pound to 50 pounds on a consistent basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, kneel, lift, stand, and walking on hard surfaces such as concrete.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.