Senior Technical Sales EngineerApply Job ID REF9795V Date posted 03/15/2023 Address Georgia 401, Atlanta, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered about the cushioning provided by your athletic shoe wear and how it provides the right amount of comfort for the activity you are doing? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear (eyeglasses, sunglasses) being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
We have an exciting opportunity for a technical sales professional located in or near Atlanta, GA or Nashville, TN. This position is responsible for selling Instron's range of advanced materials testing systems and accessories. Our customers use Instron’s products to test a wide range of materials such as metals, plastics and composites within a diverse range of industries including biomedical, aerospace, electronics and defense. Our systems can be found in quality control, research and development and educational laboratories throughout the world.
- Develop and implement a proactive territory management plan that ensures bookings plans and objectives are met or exceeded. This plan also incorporates a strategy to proactively increase market share within specific industries and applications.
- To assist you in exceeding the sales targets for the territory and ensure you can maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction, you will be partnered with an established sales and service support team.
- Your territory will include the states of Georgia and Tennessee. You will be provided with a company vehicle and overnight travel is estimated to be 25%-35%.
Successful applicants will:
- have a technical bachelor’s degree (e.g., materials science or mechanical/electrical/biomedical/chemical engineering).
- have a minimum of 5-10+ years of experience in outside technical capital equipment sales (preferably in test & measurement, analytical instrumentation or industrial controls).
- be exceptionally self-motivated and directed, results-orientated and set high goals for personal accomplishment.
- have a positive attitude focused on understanding, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers, both internal and external to your department and organization.
- have key leadership qualities, including flexibility, reliability, and are an effective team player and communicator.
- have experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software and the successfully managing a multi-stage sales funnel.
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- Company vehicle, paid training, cell phone, laptop
- Medical (multiple options), vision and dental insurance
- Company provided life insurance and both short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings with a company match
- 100% Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave and adoption assistance
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.