Welding EngineerApply Job ID REF8310M Date posted 10/18/2022 Address 1200 South Perkins Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The individual will work with development teams to establish welding processes, parameters & controls, as well as weld test both existing machines for product support and new machines for product development.
- This person will perform competitive product comparisons, which will include feature, consumable, and weld performance evaluations.
- Support New Product Development (NPD) efforts as required including improving weld performance in all weld processes.
- Other duties will include taking incoming application phone calls from end users and field personnel, along with providing support to onsite production welding operations.
- In addition to the weld engineering duties, this person will work closely with Product Managers to conduct end user research for various targeted market segments. They will seek to better understand the customer’s welding applications and help identify the customer’s unarticulated application or product needs.
- Bachelors in Welding Engineer or Bachelors in Welding Engineer Technology degree required with ability to perform all duties mentioned above.
- Previous weld engineering experience preferred; internships included.
- Individual must have an expert understanding of the SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW welding processes.
- The individual must be able to learn the operation of D-plot and welding data related tools.
- Individual will have hands on welding experience and be able to perform on an individual basis as well as working within a team setting.
- This self-motivated individual must be willing to aggressively complete projects on time.
- Individuals should demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills, and be capable of managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- The individual must be detail oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to relate to all customers, technical, and non-technical audiences.
- Travel time for this position is up to 35%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.