Scrum Master - Manufacturing ITApply Job ID REF8379B Date posted 12/05/2022 Address 1635 West Spencer Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard / Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Welding Segment at Miller Electric (an ITW Welding Company) is looking for an innovative Scrum Master that will focus on establishing and driving the Agile Methodology within our IT organization and those projects. Primary responsibilities include establishing and training team members on Agile Principles, driving continual understanding and improvement for success; facilitating project meetings in an appropriate cadence using established Agile techniques; training business and IT team members where appropriate to establish and support our capabilities via the Agile process.
In cooperation with the Product Owner, the Scrum Master will ensure software and application project development is executed within the Agile framework in support of business and project objectives.
This position will require an individual with a foundation of embedded software training and experience and the ability to lead a scrum team of both technical and business professionals with accountability. The right candidate will work with the Product Owner to ensure customer requirements and business objectives are documented and achieved accordingly in each project. Each project may require team coaching, driving each sprint to a successful fulfilment, and backlog management with the Product Owner and other project team members.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with exceptional communications and interpersonal skills to influence with a collaborative spirit. Coaching, promoting self-organization and facilitating IT project collaboration is essential. This position will require communication and teamwork across divisions in a decentralized IT team.
This role will have leadership support, and the freedom to consistently ask questions that drive each project within its scope; an ability to thoughtfully question work and tactfully parking lot non-critical work items is a must.
In addition to collaborating with other IT team members, the ideal candidate will also effectively work with internal customers and external vendor partners. The ideal individual should be accustomed to working with a sense of urgency while balancing calculated risks to ensure project success. This individual must be self-starter and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
THIS SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Take projects from original concept through final implementation following the agile process
- Manage Product Owner and Stakeholder relationships to ensure the Scrum team works efficiently
- Mentor / coach the team and lead by example through modular, testable code architectures
- Ensure prioritized project deliverables to satisfy both project objectives and risk mitigation
- Identify innovative patentable solutions to end market needs
- Champion the Agile process across divisions through software roundtable discussions and process improvements
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM, A-CSM etc.) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- Possess a thorough understanding of Agile tools, including Azure Dev Ops
- 2+ of experience of demonstrated record of accomplishment in Scrum Master or IT Project Management experience
- Proven success in migrating a team or organization into the Agile Methodology
- Experience in working with complex technical application and development projects
- Highly responsible, team-oriented, individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burn down techniques, numerous retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, or hybrid
- Familiarity with large technical systems such as Dynamics 365 F&O, Azure Data Lake
- Familiarity with application development, QA testing etc. enough to drive towards efficient sprints and releases
- Proven ability to work closely with our user community and IT professionals to build consensus and standards that are scalable, adaptable, and flexible to meet the needs of a changing business landscape
- Technical project management experience
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.