Project Technician - Power Systems DivisionApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF7502O Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 1200 South Perkins Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
We are looking for a positive professional that has the ability to work well in a fast paced, dynamic manufacturing setting. This individual will be responsible for supporting production, resolving both electrical and mechanical concerns relating to manufacturing equipment and systems, and facility needs across the division. The individual will work closely with production to troubleshoot and reduce downtime to ensure efficient operations within the Power Systems Division.
- Provides daily maintenance for the plant, performs mechanical and preventive (PM) maintenance functions.
- Troubleshoot and maintain pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Repair pumps, blowers, drives, heaters, dies.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble production machinery.
- Assist in capital improvement projects, design, line layout and movement, fabrication, installation of specialized tools, industrial equipment, and material handling devices used for manufacturing.
- Support the coordination of external contractors and internal maintenance support resources as needed
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers with continually improvement of manufacturing/assembly processes as related to safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery
- Make repairs in a timely manner, while working under pressure
- Ability to perform LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) as required.
- Comply with all 5S and CI initiatives (Cross Training, moving to the work).
- Support divisional and company programs, i.e. Employee Involvement program
- An Associate’s Degree, Industrial Maintenance, or related field is required
- 2-5 years of experience in a maintenance related field
- Must be familiar with the operation and repair of pneumatic, hydraulic, and equipment
- Previous weld, lift truck, and high lift applications experience preferred
- Must possess excellent problem-solving/trouble shooting skills
- Strong computer (Word, Excel, Outlook), oral and written communication skills
- Able to work and communicate with vendors/suppliers and co-workers
- Must have a positive attitude, be highly motivated, a self-starter and be able to work effectively with little supervision
- Detail oriented, well organized, ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and able to function in a team environment under deadlines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.