Production Supervisor - Components - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF5016Z Date posted 01/24/2022 Address 1635 West Spencer Street, Appleton, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Production Coordinator shall drive actions that achieve results in key areas of the business including safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost savings. Within this role the Production Coordinator shall be a positive culture leader and influencer, develop employee/teams, and promote an engaged and safe workplace environment.
•Coach and develop work teams to have positive and proactive attitudes, personal accountability, and superior manufacturing quality.
•Encourage employee ownership of operations, products, and processes.
•Lead safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost saving initiatives through employee involvement ITW toolbox principles.
•Work closely with operations team to maintain and improve the manufacturing/assembly environment in order to respond to changing customer needs and demands through facilitating area layouts, executing action plans, and selecting equipment to improve manufacturing processes.
•Build employee relationships through daily, open, and direct communication while encouraging creativity and innovation.
•Demonstrate and encourage effective communication to personnel at all levels within the organization.
•Mentor team members to resolve conflict in a fair, consistent, and empowered manner within a team environment.
•Mentor, develop, and support Team Leaders.
•Create and maintain superior team safety awareness.
•Work closely with safety committee and team members to ensure hazards are corrected.
•Assess & evaluate team members’ performance and goals regularly while supporting goal achievement.
•Assist/support teams with the utilization of available resources.
•Participate and lead committees/teams as needed.
•Build key relationships with employees and leadership team.
•Build & maintain a network of inter-company peers and subject matter experts for consultation on best practices that provide superior cost, quality, and delivery of our products to our customers.
•Drive customer service within all areas of the division.
•Provide reports on critical information.
•Understand how our production system produces and fulfills products.
•Resolve problems causing production shutdown, substandard production, and or low efficiencies whenever they occur.
•Support coordination during emergency repairs and non-routine maintenance to ensure continuous production flow.
•Provide information and collaborate with team to effectively manage production scheduling and resource planning.
•Analyze problems and sources of conflict, explores, and selects solutions, implements an action plan, and resolves issues.
•Work closely with support staff and Human Resources.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Technical acumen desired
- 3+ years of related production supervisory experience
- Skilled at performance management; providing formal and informal feedback to employees.
- Detailed understanding of production/assembly equipment, and its interrelationship in regard to production flow and efficiency.
- Strong initiative and follow through
- Ability to recognize and solve production problems.
- Proven experience in leading a team in a manufacturing production environment.
- Experience in lean manufacturing concepts, quality measurements and OSHA requirements.
- Experience in driving employee involvement/engagement and encouraging creativity.
- Demonstrated understanding of the manufacturing cost drivers
- Proven ability to apply ITW principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess the track record of a proven leader and team player
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, takes personal accountability, coaches, listens, and is approachable.
- Ability to resolve issues/conflicts in a timely manner.
- Exhibits encouragement of diverse ideas, with a focus on coaching/developing strengths of team members, and the ability to facilitate effective communication between shifts.
- Customer focused with management, support staff, customers and suppliers; understand how the business functions link together to support the customer (i.e. engineering, materials and sales)
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Desire for continuing education and/or self-development
- Strong oral, written and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Macola, Microsoft Word and Excel).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.